Unlucky girl needs ielts so badly

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
Nicola

Unlucky girl needs ielts so badly

Post by Nicola »

Hi friends..I'm a new user,and here to share my ielts story..I'm basically from India,and currently residing in Canada ,fir the last 3n half years...I passed my nursing exam 3 years before and didn't get my registration yet.Rules changed quiet a bit over the years and unfortunately I'm still working as a health care aide..Now the nursing council wanted me to get a new ielts score with 7 band each..it's the only way to get my nursing licence and bring my husband to Canada..It's a bad situation to be all alone in a deserted land all by yourself with no family,no good job ,and struggling to get something you wanted so badly in your whole life..I took ielts on April and received a score (L-8.5,R-8,S-7,W-6.5)..I feel like I'm such an unlucky person ..But I don't want to give up ..I'm gonna take my exam on June 28th..hopefully this time I can nail it..Need your prayers...I will update my result and catch you guys soon..work hard and take care..
surazz

Re: Unlucky girl needs ielts so badly

Post by surazz »

All the best.

Surazz
atmahesh

Post by atmahesh »

good luck Nicola
kannu

Post by kannu »

Best of luck Nicole... Pray for me too. I'm also in situation like yours
kannu

Post by kannu »

Hey atmahesh how much you scored in ielts. You have it on june7 no?
atmahesh

Post by atmahesh »

I fall short of .5 in speaking. I will reappear in July end. what was your score?
andresalval

Post by andresalval »

Hi there,
you are not unlucky, don't say that.
You will get your IELTS good band and you'll get your family along with you.
I wish you all the best!
A.
kannu

Post by kannu »

hello atmahesh
me too fall short 0.5 in the writing exam.. and will reappear on aug2
atmahesh

Post by atmahesh »

I would like to practice speaking and writing. would you like to brainstrom and practice on skype?

I will be appearing for academic exam on 26th July.
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Thankyou friends....for reassuring and supporting me..I know we all are in the same boat..I wish you guys good luck n God bless...
kannu

Post by kannu »

ya sure we can practise. ok tell me where u i mean india or somewhere else as i am in usa right now
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Hi kaanu, so when you are taking ielts ??i have my exam on 28th and I'm in Canada..
atmahesh

Post by atmahesh »

Nicole/Kannu

My skype id is "atul.grit"

Yes. I am currently in India. However, we can coordinate on timings.
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Hi friends,my exam is over..it was such a disaster....don't know what should I do??just keep my fingers crossed..and waiting for the results...
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Hi atmahesh,I'm sorry..I guess I cannot use my skype..Is there any other option??
Ravian

Post by Ravian »

Hope your test on June 28 could fulfill your dream :)
neena kaukab

thank you very much

Post by neena kaukab »

Hello Nicola,

First of all, all the best with your required target and secondly thank you very much for very useful tips. I will definitely bring these tips in my IELTS practice. I can understand your situation I,m a nurse too and trying to get registered with NMC UK. My prayers and good wishes are with you, you will achieve this milestone by the grace of God this time and don't forget to let me know about your IELTS result. I'm going to attempt the test in the month of August please tell me about your recent exam and also share your strategy for all the modules because it may also help me to improve other sections of my IELTS study as well.

Good luck with your coming result.

Kind regards
neena
neena kaukab

Post by neena kaukab »

Hello Nicola

first of all, all the best with your required target and secondly thank you very much for very useful tips I will definitely bring these tips in my IELTS practice.
I can understand your situation I,m a nurse too and trying to get registered with NMC UK. My prayers and good wishes are with you, you will achieve this milestone by the grace of God this time and don't forget to let me know about you IELTS result.
I'm going to attempt the test in the month of August please tell me about your recent exam and also share your strategy for all the modules. It might also help me to improve other sections of IELTS my study as well.

Good luck with your coming result,
Kind regards,
Neena.
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Hi Neena,thanks for the reply...I have posted the exam questions in the other section(Latest exam questions)hope you will check that..Have you listened Ielts podcasts of Ryan??I was following almost the same strategies of Vidit..I think that will help you a lot......work hard,Do your part and God will help you...take care...
prabhjot kaur

Post by prabhjot kaur »

hii,
i wish that you could get high score...i will pray for you from the core of my heart..may God bless you with good IELTS bands.
Cherilab

Post by Cherilab »

Think positive, you just have to work on your writing skills. I believe, it is the most difficult component of the exam. Spare at least an hour a day until you'll get use to it.
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Hi Prabhjot,thanks a lot for your kind words...wish you all the luck...
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Hi cherilab, you said it right..I'm really lazy to spare my time for writing...But I have to...Anyway thanks..
Cherilab

Post by Cherilab »

I have taken different types of exam, but it seems that IELTS is the most difficult. There were tests that I have taken without undergoing review, however I managed to pass them. Anyway, I feel you Nicola whatever you are undergoing, me too is experiencing such ordeal. Let's hang on, move forward and motivate ourselves not to give up.

Cheer up Nicola!
atmahesh

Post by atmahesh »

My skype id is "atul.grit" if anybody would like to practice. i will be attempting ielts on 26th July -Academic.