IETLS General readng exam format

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
ccc812

IETLS General readng exam format

Post by ccc812 »

I have sat the IETLS general reading exam twice now, struggling every time with format of the reading test. I need a 7 minimum score.

Test centre: Bristol, UK

The problem is the practice material either from the official online practice zone within IETLS or their official material (updated 2009) book does not reflect the actual exam format. The practice material examples are not in the same format as the exam and appears far harder then any reading test samples I have seen.

The exam format seems the same both times I have sat, 10 paragraphs and match headings on the first 8 questions, True, false , not given, complete the words then the long paragraph to finish.

The sample test start easy and work up to the harder long paragraphs matching, true, false not given.

Where is there any mock papers or exam papers in the same format.

Thanks
manojwilson

Re: IETLS General readng exam format

Post by manojwilson »

:roll:

Another case of nervousness. If you've done good number of practice tests and are confident about your performance in reading then definitely you'll get a higher score. Just try to stay calm in exam or you can provide yourself more of an exam like environment like working under stress. Students usually find the exam difficult because it's there only best shot and they know it. Rather than focusing on the format, why don't you try to get maximum answers correct without getting any answer correct by chance.