General Training Task 1 and Task 2 Correction

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
zeeshan

General Training Task 1 and Task 2 Correction

Post by zeeshan »

TASK 1
You received a letter from your bank stating that you will be charged £35 for a banking service you didn’t use. You know this information is incorrect.
Write a letter to the bank. In your letter
write what the erroneous banking service is
explain why this is in error
describe what you would like the bank to do about it

Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write any addresses.
Begin your letter as follows:
Dear ____________________,

Dear Sir,
I am writing to you in reference of a letter I have received from your bank mentioning that I will be charged a fee of £35 for a service.

It says that I have applied to receive a copy of my bank account statements, of the past six months. According to the letter, I have asked for the statements to be delivered to me, via mail, at my work address. This is a mistake on your part because I have not requested for such a service. It is very frustrating to witness this incompetence from the staff members, as I have received similar incorrect notifications on numerous occasions before.

I would like you to look into this matter and resolve it at once. In addition, I want to raise a formal complaint against the billing department for making such errors.

Waiting for your prompt action.

Yours Sincerely,

Zeeshan.

TASK 2
Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Feeding oneself is one of the most basic needs of humans. An imperative aspect of doing so is preparing nutritious meals. With the increasing ease of food preparation, peoples live have significantly improved. This can be attributed to a number of reasons as stated here.

Firstly, the variety of cooking utensils available on the market today, allows individuals to drastically reduce the time taken to prepare ingredients. Such as cutting vegetables or cooking rice and pasta. For instance, it is shown that cooking rice using an electric rice cooker takes 40 percent less time than conventional method. This translates into having more time for other activities. Thus, enabling busy individuals to enjoy a well balanced, home cooked meal.

Secondly, there are many pre-made recipes that can be purchased off-the-shelf, at any local convenience store. An example of this is Barilla Lasagna that requires just 10 minutes of baking to be ready for consumption. This leads to plenty of time saving, as appose to separately buying and mixing ingredients for the recipe. Such time saving adds to improving lifestyle.

In conclusion, food preparation has become easier over the years. This has lead to an improvement in peoples life. It is predicted that meal preparation will become increasingly convenient in the future as more pre-made recipes and sophisticated cooking ware are introduced to the world.