GT Letter Writing

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Somnil

GT Letter Writing

Post by Somnil »

You need to drop an evening course you are taking.
Write a letter to the director of the course. In your letter
state what the course is
explain why you need to drop it
request a refund

Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write any addresses.
Begin your letter as follows:
Dear ____________________,

Dear Sir,
My name is Somnil Das, and I have recently enrolled with your institute for the evening French classes which started on 10 Jun 2014. However, due to unavoidable reasons I will not be able to continue from next week.

I am a working professional and always wanted to learn French, as I work with a handful of French client everyday. The first week was very exciting where I learned the alphabets, vowels and a few French vocabularies. Unfortunately, I need to urgently travel overseas next week for an urgent project work and I presume my stay will be more than 3 months. In such a scenario, I would not be able to complete my course.

I hope you will understand my problem and consider a refund of the tuition fees. I have paid for the entire term, and would request you to refund full or proportionate amount of my fees as per the guidelines and policies of your institute.
Thanking you,
Yours sincerely,
Somnil

(166 words)
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: GT Letter Writing

Post by Flick »

Somnil wrote:You need to drop an evening course you are taking.
Write a letter to the director of the course. In your letter
state what the course is
explain why you need to drop it
request a refund

Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write any addresses.
Begin your letter as follows:
Dear ____________________,

Dear Sir,

My name is Somnil Das, and I have recently enrolled with your institute for the evening French classes which started on 10 June 2014. However, due to unavoidable reasons I will not be able to continue from next week.

I am a working professional and always wanted to learn French, as I work with a handful of French clients everyday. The first week was very exciting as I learned the alphabet, vowels and a few French words. Unfortunately, I need to urgently travel overseas next week for some unexpected project work and I presume my stay will be more than 3 months. Because of this, I will not be able to complete my course.

I hope you understand my problem and will consider a refund of the tuition fees. I have paid for the entire term, and would request you to refund the full or a proprtion of the amount of my fees as per the guidelines and policies of your institute.

Yours sincerely,
Somnil

(166 words)
Somnil

Re: GT Letter Writing

Post by Somnil »

Thanks for the review Flick. How much score do you expect me to get with this letter? Some rough estimate will do ;)