TASK 2 WRITING, CHECK IT!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
aprodigy

TASK 2 WRITING, CHECK IT!

Post by aprodigy »

Topic: In some big cities people plan to knock down old buildings in order to make space for new development. Is this negative or positive trend?
It is true that nowadays more and more new development appear replacing old buildings in some big cities. From my point of view, this trend brings drawbacks for several reasons
One of the major disadvantages is that that the historical values will not be maintained unless old buildings are knocked down. In fact, it is reasonable to say that ancient buildings contain a great deal of artifact which characterize previous generation through each stage. For example, Hanoi Old Quarter is regarded as a unique architect and a witness of Vietnamese war in 1945s. It is worth noting that replacing these buildings means losing tangible historical heritages. Additionally, young generation is not likely to understand what precedecessors struggled and gained when the remarked features of history disappears.
Another drawback of new development instead of old buildings is that this change might put difficulties on the residents who are living here. In a little more detail, to tear down the houses, all city-dwellers should be moved in different areas. As a result, they will find it hard to choose other buildings as they used to live. For instance, in order to build Royal City, approximately 200 families have found other places inconveniently; even it took two months for some families to have a stable life later. Although viewed from different angels, this trend seems to make chaotic in the daily life of many people in some cities.
In general, I believe that making space for new development has certain disadvantages for both individual and society. Therefore, what we should do immediately is preserving and developing the old buildings.
Which band I can get?
candy07

Re: TASK 2 WRITING, CHECK IT!

Post by candy07 »

aprodigy wrote:Topic: In some big cities people plan to knock down old buildings in order to make space for new development. Is this negative or positive trend?
It is true that nowadays more and more new developments are appearing and replacing old buildings in big cities. From my point of view, this trend brings drawbacks for several reasons.
One of the major disadvantages is that that the historical values will not be maintained if old buildings are knocked down. In fact, it is reasonable to say that ancient buildings contain irreplaceable architeture which characterize previous generations . For example, Hanoi Old Quarter is regarded as a uniquepiece of architectureand a witness of Vietnamese war in 1945s. It is worth noting that replacing these buildings means losing tangible historical heritages. Additionally, young generation is not likely to understand what predecessors struggled for and gained if the remarked features of history disappear.
Another drawback of new development instead of old buildings is that this change might put difficulties on the residents who are living here. In a little more detail, to tear down the houses, all city-dwellers should be moved in different areas. As a result, they will find it hard to choose other buildings to live. For instance, in order to build Royal City, approximately 200 families_found other habitats inconveniently; and it took two months for some families to have a stable life later. Although viewed from different angels, this trend seems to createchaos in the daily life of many people in some cities.
In general, I believe that making space for new development has certain disadvantages for both individuals and society. Therefore, what we should do immediately is preserving and developing the old buildings.
Which band I can get?