future and present

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
allen_zhang

future and present

Post by allen_zhang »

Quite a hard topic for me.

How important is it for individuals and the government thinking about the future, rather than focusing on at the present?

As saying goes: if you never plan for your future, you are most likely struggling right now. This told us how important it is for people to plan for the future. From my point of view, for any individual or government, making a plan for the future is just as important as focusing on present.

On the one hand, thinking about future and having a good plan is a guarantee for a prosperous future. To take my personal experience an example, 3 years ago, when I was a freshman in the field of software development, I have then decided that my target is to become a team leader in three years. After that, I have worked very hard and even took a part time management course. All these endeavors have been paid off and now I am successful manager in a famous international company. For governments, long term plan for the future is equally important. For instance, Chinese government releases a 5 year economic target every 5 years since 1980, and in the years after that China had its fastest economic growth in its history. These examples demonstrate how much that focusing on the future can benefit governments and individuals.

On the other hand, focusing on the moment right in front of us is also important. Firstly, dreams will not come true if we do not take action. To take my personal experience as an example again, just having a dream to climb to a higher position in my career but not focus on doing good job on my current work commitments won’t make me a manager in such a short time. It is all these years hard work that convinced the management to give me the promotion. Secondly, life is not just about ambitions and job ladder climbing, it is also about enjoyment and happiness. During the journey to a dreamed future, people should learn to enjoy the very moment right in front him. If we are not happy, all our efforts will be meaningless. Thus, enjoying and focusing on every step right in front of us are also crucial to our life.

To conclude, it seems to me that focusing on the future and present are of the same importance.
#1 2013-09-07 L7.5; R8; S6; W6
#2 2014-03-08 L7.5; R7; S7; W5.5
#3 2014-05-10 L7.5; R8; S6.5; W6
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S5.5; W7
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S7; W5.5
candy07

Re: future and present

Post by candy07 »

allen_zhang wrote:As saying goes: if you never plan for your future, you are most likely struggling right now. This tells us how important it is for people to plan fortheirfuture. From my point of view, for any individual or government, making a plan for the future is just as important as focusing on present.

On the one hand, thinking about future and having a good plan is a guarantee for a prosperous future. To take my personal experience an example, 3 years ago, when I was a freshman in the field of software development, I have then decided that my target was to become a team leader in three years. After that, I have worked very hard and even took a part time management course. All these endeavors were paid off and now, I am a successful manager in a famous international company. For governments, long term plan for the future is equally important. For instance, Chinese government releases a 5 year economic target every 5 years since 1980, and in the years after that, China had its fastest economic growth in its history. These examples demonstrate how important it is for governments and individuals to focus on future
On the other hand, focusing on the moment right in front of us is also important. Firstly, dreams will not come true if we do not take action. To take my personal experience as an example again, just having a dream to climb to a higher position in my career but not focusing on doing good job on my current work commitments won’t make me a manager in such a short time. It is all these years hard work that convinced the management to give me the promotion. Secondly, life is not just about ambitions and job ladder climbing, it is also about enjoyment and happiness. During the journey to a dreamed future, people should learn to enjoy the very moment right in front of them. If we are not happy, all our efforts will be meaningless. Thus, enjoying and focusing on every step right in front of us are also crucial to our life.

To conclude, it seems to me that focusing on the future and present are of the same importance.
The second paragraph first example is not very clear