Very new to IELTS

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
radhika chilupuri

Very new to IELTS

Post by radhika chilupuri »

Hi Friends,

How are you?I am very new to IELTS.
Right now, I am working in software industry and has 8 years of experience.
Even my husband has an 6 years experience in IT industry.
Planning for the austrilian PR to work.

Can anyone help me out for below quiries.
1)What is the scroe I should get in IELTS for experienced people.
2)Is husband can work on with PR?
3)What is approach to prepare for IELTS?
4)How is the IT market in Australia to get the job.
5)How much money we need to pay for exam, and how we need to book the slots.
6)How much time is required to get PR.

Thanks
radhika chilupuri

Re: Very new to IELTS

Post by radhika chilupuri »

Can anyone reply to this mail :D
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Hi Radhika,

Please excuse the delay. I am not an expert on the Australian permanent residency process, but I'll do my best to provide you with a few answers:

1) You will need all four skills to be either band 7 or higher or band 8 or higher.
2) Yes. (Reference: http://www.immi.gov.au/Live/Pages/austr ... ation.aspx)
3) If you are new to the IELTS, try this article: http://ieltsielts.com/more/study-plans/
4) I'm not sure. I'll post this thread to the Facebook IELTS Network page to try and drum up some info.
5) The price to take the IELTS varies from one country to another. Consult this thread: http://www.ieltsnetwork.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1667
6) The Australian government site says times can vary from one person to another. To read a few personal experiences, try this Yahoo thread: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 053AAKzPNQ
atmahesh

Post by atmahesh »

refer link below. Let me know if you need more information.

http://pr4oz.com
tammy_vic

Post by tammy_vic »

radhika chilupuri wrote:Hi Friends,

How are you?I am very new to IELTS.
Right now, I am working in software industry and has 8 years of experience.
Even my husband has an 6 years experience in IT industry.
Planning for the austrilian PR to work.

Can anyone help me out for below quiries.
1)What is the scroe I should get in IELTS for experienced people.
2)Is husband can work on with PR?
3)What is approach to prepare for IELTS?
4)How is the IT market in Australia to get the job.
5)How much money we need to pay for exam, and how we need to book the slots.
6)How much time is required to get PR.

Thanks
1) if you want to claim points you need at least 7 in each band.
2) yes he can work full time
3) Follow this blog. there is no better resource than this blog!!
4)I am living in Melbourne from last 2 years...i can tell you 1 thing for sure...IT jobs are vanishing fast over here. Australia is the most expensive country in the world to do business and most of the Australian companies are now outsourcing their IT work to Indian Companies.I know many people over here who have 10+ years of excellent IT experience and struggling to find job even after 9-10 months of hard search and i know many who gave up and returned back home...however it depends on which technology you worked in before. Take it as a piece of information not discouragement. just want to let you know the real job scenario.
5) its around 10k INR in India and $330 in Australia.
6) Depends on your documentation. if all documents are complete then it may take between 3-5 months.
Chi

Post by Chi »

Hello,

I think it would be nice if you have done your research before asking all of these questions. No one could provide you a better answer than resourcing to appropriate authorites.
pudpep04

Post by pudpep04 »

Firstly, you have to find if the occupation falls under independent skilled migrant list or not. If it does, the you wouldn't necessarily need a sponsorship. Otherwise you'll need a company to sponsor you. Then you will have to pass the assessment based EOI. It is a point-based assessment about your profile e.g. recognised qualification, work experience, IELTS etc. Current pass mark is 65 I think. You will also have to do skills assessment by relevant government appointed assessor e.g. if you are an accountant you will have to go through skills assessment by CPA or CA. Im not sure with IT. You will also have to undergo health check with government appointed medical clinics only. If you pass the EOI, the computer will automatically generate invitation to apply PR. You will then have to submit all relevant accompanying documents as claimed for evidence. All information you need to know is on the immigration website immi.gov.au, look for skilled migrant section. Oh, also there is a maximum number of invitations allocated for occupation per year. If you miss it you will have to wait for next year. Also, it takes about 3 months for the system to generate the invitation, and then another 6 to 18 months before the PR visa is issued. If your current visa expires before the invitation is released, you will have to wait back home. Good luck!
lynne

Post by lynne »

hi!im lynne very new to ielts also. im a nurse currently working in one of the secondary hospital here in the phillippines. need to take ielts to be able to work in australia.at the moment im attending a free lecture evry 6pm to 9pm here in my country after working in a morning shift. i really had a hard time in writing and speaking task.