RYAN!Needs your assessment and feedback!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
aries91

RYAN!Needs your assessment and feedback!

Post by aries91 »

Some people believe that people who read books can develop more imagination and language skills than those who prefer to watch TV. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is true that by reading books, people can enhance their imagination and reading skills. However, I argue that watching TV can bring more beneficial ramifications to people, as will now be proven by analyzing.
Firstly, TV has sound effects and images, which hardly see by reading books only. Because of the absence of media effects, readers might have difficulties to understand meaning context such as what happening in particular circumstances or character faces when they read books. This will make a misunderstanding and they cannot meet the exactly concept that writers want to convey on their books. For example, by watching astronomy documentaries, I have understood clearly the progress of the solar system, which would be difficult to perceive if I read book this field.
Secondly, language skills has other aspects and is not based on reading skills only. Reading books only makes people overlook other important skills such as listening and speaking, which is especially important when people learn a new language. By listening audio and see images on TV simultaneously, watchers can enhance their all-round skills, thereby improving language comprehension. For instance, I have improved all my English skills by watching American comedy Television series via listening conversation and see transcript on TV screen. Thus, it is cleared why the argument biased watching TV is supported.
In conclusion, while reading books can help people to improve their imagination and language skills, I believe watching TV has more advantages those fields. It is hoped that reading books will act as a supply aid to TV.

Thanks all!!!