GT Task 1 letter [ provide feedback & band ]

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Srushti

GT Task 1 letter [ provide feedback & band ]

Post by Srushti »

Write a letter to your friend from a different country. Invite him/her to a party at your home and include the following

- What is the party about?
- Give directions how to get to your place.
- Suggest how to accommodate him/her.

Dear Kavi,
I hope you are doing well. I have good news for you; I am inviting you for a family function in Canada.

As you know, since last few months I have been trying to buy my own home, and finally I bought it. We have organized house warming party next month, and your attendance will add much please to us. This is a long distance travelling, so I would suggest you to book AirCanada flight which start from Mumbai and end at Toronto, best thing is it has only one halt in Paris. From the Toronto airport hire taxi and stop at "Daisy Palace" which is famous palace in Toronto. My home is opposite to "Daisy Palace". I have arranged your stay in nearby hotel, but I recommend you to bring warm clothes, winter jacket and long shoes. I would also suggest you to keep general medicines and few Canadian dollars.

I am eagerly waiting for you.

Best Wishes
Srushti
durai

Re: GT Task 1 letter [ provide feedback & band ]

Post by durai »

Dear Kavi,
I hope you are doing well. I have good news for you; I am inviting you for our family function in Canada.

As you know, since last few months I have been trying to buy a new ( you cannot buy your own home) home, and finally,after a bit of hard work I bought it last week.

To celebrate this, I have organized a house warming in western countries, they use " open house function" party next month, and your attendance will give much more pleasant to us . It's going to be a long distance travel , so I would suggest you to book AirCanada flight from Mumbai to Toronto, sound bit unrealistic, because people usually won't travel overseas for open house function with one stop-over at Paris. From Toronto airport, hire a taxi to a "Daisy Palace" which is familiar to everyone. My home is just opposite the "Daisy Palace".

I have arranged your stay in a nearby hotel, but I recommend you to bring warm clothes, winter jacket and long shoes. I would also suggest you to keep general medicines and a few Canadian dollars.

I am eagerly waiting for your arrival

Best Wishes,

Srushti

well, you have answered the question, but the tone is inappropriate, some transition words are not used correctly. Lacks coherence.

Grammar is good, you have attempted complex patterns, but most of them are inaccurate.

Some word choices are not good enough for the task.Try to separate the paragraphs for every bullet points

Overall, this letter could be improved further

Looks band 5.5 to 6 ( I am not an assessor)

I assume you belong to South India, just a guess with your names (Kavi, srushti)

Good luck
Durai
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7