Yesterday I met a Band 9 guy, and I.....

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
youngsherlock

Yesterday I met a Band 9 guy, and I.....

Post by youngsherlock »

......... , and I spent 4 hrs testing him on almost everything associated with IELTS, including 50 questions on speaking parts and 25 writing tasks.

I have seen how his damn brain is working. He has the best 30-second mind of all people, friends, and academicians whom I’ve ever met.

But, you know what?

All his suggestions are far from impossible:

Skills:

1. He went from A to Z in any topic on one move.

(He is so fast in analysing things! I want to marry his brain! )

2. He sees the essence of everything before I even finish the sentence.

(I should have spoken quicklier.)

3. One of the reasons he is so cheerful taking the test is that he never has to remember his lines.
(That's why you'r smiling all the time, and I'm crying inside when I see you talk happily on the test.)

4.His brain is a superbly rational mechanism.
(Wondering if he has ever watched cartoons.)

Ok. And, now advices on created systems of training one self:

1. "Your English education should be wide enough to cover practically everything useful in taking IELTS."
( With My english, I have learnt since first grade is useless to take the test. Thai schools should start giving lessons on kindergarten IELTS, grade school IELTS, Junior High IELTS, and High School IELTS.)

2 "Your knowledge of practically broad-scale English education needed by IELTS is not taught just well enough to enable you to pass one Band 9 test or two, instead, all your knowledge should be raised to an ever-maintained practice-based fluency and rooted in the deep structure of your mind, even in awesomely handling IELTS test every day."

( Are there any quicker way of obtaining that skill? Can I just eat all those IELTS books, piece by piece, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.)

3. "You should be trained to think in a forward fashion as well as in reverse thinking techniques. So you learn to disciplinarily concentrate on what you want to happen (that'why I'm talking to U. 555555) and also when to concentrate on avoiding what you don’t want to happen."
(I once actucally studied IELTS while I was walking backwards.)

( So, seriously, I have to go watch Band 4-5 more often. No problems for me' cuase I always think learing from failures are as imporant as learning from successes.)

4. "Your training time should be allocated among 4 modules so as to minimize mistakes from your later malfunctions, and so what is most important in correcting your own faults gets the most training coverage and is raised to the highest fluency levels."
(He sounds like he were an IELTS phychologist, if there were any on this earth.)

5.Check lists routines on writing, speaking, reading, and listening are always mandatory for you, being a permanent part of your education system
(I always made check lists everytime I cook fried chicken. Thanks. I can do that. I want to have a fried IELTS.)

6.Even after those 1-5 original trainings, you are advised to sharpen you minds with some IELTS maintenance routines such as: regular watch of debates to prevent the waste-away through long disuse of skills needed to cope with speaking, reading, listening, and writing problems in your studies or career.

( I practice every day, listening to my neighbor, husband and wife got into arguements, debates, and sometime I saw a flight, too. They could be good Thai fighting boxers if they want.)
Good Luck everyone.
^O-O^
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Yesterday I met a Band 9 guy, and I.....

Post by Flick »

youngsherlock wrote:......... , and I spent 4 hrs testing him on almost everything associated with IELTS, including 50 questions on speaking parts and 25 writing tasks.

I have seen how his damn brain is working. He has the best 30-second mind of all people, friends, and academicians whom I’ve ever met.

But, you know what?

All his suggestions are far from impossible:

Skills:

1. He went from A to Z in any topic on one move.

(He is so fast in analysing things! I want to marry his brain! ) (<-- Great use of colloquial English.)

2. He sees the essence of everything before I even finish the sentence.

(I should have spoken quicker.)

3. One of the reasons he is so cheerful taking the test is that he never has to remember his lines.
(That's why you're smiling all the time, and I'm crying inside when I see you talk happily during the test.)

4.His brain is a superbly rational mechanism.
(Wondering if he has ever watched cartoons.)

Ok. And, now advice on creating systems of training one self:

1. "Your English education should be wide enough to cover practically everything useful in taking IELTS."
( With My english, I have learnt since first grade is useless to take the test. Thai schools should start giving lessons in kindergarten IELTS, grade school IELTS, Junior High IELTS, and High School IELTS.)

2 "Your knowledge of practically broad-scale English education needed by IELTS is not taught just well enough to enable you to pass one Band 9 test or two, instead, all your knowledge should be raised to an ever-maintained practice-based fluency and rooted in the deep structure of your mind, even in awesomely handling IELTS test every day."

( Are there any quicker ways of obtaining that skill? Can I just eat all those IELTS books, piece by piece, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?)

3. "You should be trained to think in a forward fashion as well as in reverse thinking techniques. So you learn to disciplinarily concentrate on what you want to happen (that's why I'm talking to U. 555555) and also when to concentrate on avoiding what you don’t want to happen."
(I once actucally studied IELTS while I was walking backwards.)(<-- This made me laugh!)

( So, seriously, I have to go watch Band 4-5 more often. No problems for me' cuase I always think learing from failures are as imporant as learning from successes.)(<-- I fully agree with you!)

4. "Your training time should be allocated among 4 modules so as to minimize mistakes from your later malfunctions, and so what is most important in correcting your own faults gets the most training coverage and is raised to the highest fluency levels."
(He sounds like he were an IELTS psychologist, if there were any on this earth.)

5.Check list routines on writing, speaking, reading, and listening are always mandatory for you, being a permanent part of your education system
(I always made check lists everytime I cook fried chicken. Thanks. I can do that. I want to have a fried IELTS.)

6.Even after those 1-5 original trainings, you are advised to sharpen you minds with some IELTS maintenance routines such as: regular watch of debates to prevent the waste-away through long disuse of skills needed to cope with speaking, reading, listening, and writing problems in your studies or career.

( I practice every day, listening to my neighbor, husband and wife get into arguments, debates, and sometime I saw a fight, too. They could be good Thai fighting boxers if they want.)
Hi youngsherlock,

Thank you for sharing this. You're writing style is very easy to read and many of your comments made me laugh. Good luck with the study, and don't forget to share your recipe for fried IELTS!

Flick