letter - friend's visit

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
allen_zhang

letter - friend's visit

Post by allen_zhang »

Hi,
Can anyone help to check?

One of your friends is planning to visit your country and asking you for some information. Write a letter to him/her and say
- When the best period to visit your country is
- suggest a plan for the travel
- recommend places to visit in your country

Dear David,

I hope you are well and I am so happy to hear that you are planning a tour to China.

As you know, China is such a big country and you can always find nice places to visit in any season. However, I would suggest you to come in autumn because it is the most comfortable season when you can enjoy the most beautiful landscapes in many different places.

Since you are planning a two-week travel, I would recommend you to stay 4 days in Beijing, one week in Yunnan and then 3 days in my city, Shenzhen.

Beijing is the capital of China, where you can find many ancient Chinese buildings and traditional Chinese food. Don’t forget to go to the Great wall which is a must destination for all foreign tourists. Yunnan is a province in the south-west China. Here you can enjoy the most fantastic landscapes of China as well as the interesting cultures of some minority ethnic groups. Finally, my city Shenzhen is the paradise for shopping and we also have the best beaches in China.

Hope to see you soon,

Allen
#1 2013-09-07 L7.5; R8; S6; W6
#2 2014-03-08 L7.5; R7; S7; W5.5
#3 2014-05-10 L7.5; R8; S6.5; W6
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S5.5; W7
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S7; W5.5
durai

Re: letter - friend's visit

Post by durai »

Dear David,

I hope you are well, and I am so happy to hear that you are planning a tour to China. Let me give some information about this country.

As you know, China is such a big country and you can always find beautiful places to visit in any time of the year. However, I would suggest you to come in autumn because it is the most comfortable season when you can enjoy the most beautiful landscapes in many different places. it suits for all season, (unclear)- you didn't say any particular reason why your friend could visit at the autumn, you can say any specific celebration, like New Year at Sydney.

If you are planning a two-week travel, I would recommend you to stay 4 days in Beijing, one week in Yunnan and then 3 days in my city, Shenzhen.

Beijing is the capital of China, where you can find many ancient and historic buildings and traditional Chinese foods on offer. Don’t forget to visit the Great wall which is a spectacular scenic spot for many foreign tourists. Yunnan is a province in the south-west China. Here you can enjoy the most fantastic landscapes as well as the interesting cultures of some minority ethnic groups. Finally, my city Shenzhen is the paradise for shopping and we also have some stunning coastal areas.

you no need to say ' in china' every time, because your friend coming to china, so skip those words.

Hope to see you soon,

With regards,

Allen
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7