I just got a very good topic on IELTS’s Task 2 topic today.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
youngsherlock

I just got a very good topic on IELTS’s Task 2 topic today.

Post by youngsherlock »

Hello, there.

I spend time on this short easy about 35 minutes, luckily ending up approximately at 300 words.
Please feel free to find my mistakes. Thanks!, especially Ryan, This is a really great website. I told everyone about your works.

Here is a very good topic to sharpen minds:

Some people think that it is important to use leisure time for activities that improve the mind, such as reading and doing word puzzles. Other people feel that it is important to rest the mind during leisure time.

What individual do to recharge or light up themselves are different. By means of saying "recharging" things, I stronly believe that they can do what so ever as long as their decisions of managing their free time keep their enthusiasm alive, and put forward their everday activities in balance.

To be specific, some just pick readings in books, maps, faces, and so on and even make themselves preoccupied, steping feet into problem-solving circumstances. These are just their ways of getting into the zone of comfort.

Even myself as a Math teacher, whenever I have free time in which I don’t actually think that I have had one of those lately, I prefer reading books and talking to my students on Skye on certain aspects of in-class and off-class problems they might pop up. Unfortunately, other family members view my state of using free time as wasteful and disturbing activities. However, after they have found out that I am spontaneously happy to do all of these things, they finally understand me.

Meanwhile, others, who may find these free-time alternatives of mine unjustified, they, therefore, would rather do exercises to rest their minds and brains. Like my wife, who is a Chinese language teacher, she loves hanging out with friends after work, talking hours on mobile phone with her parents every day, and watching Korean series before bed time. She happily circle her life that way, refilled with energy and ambition needed for her to teach her students to learn more, to do more, and to become more.

To sum up, managing how to distribute free time in effective and efficient ways really depends on one’s characters as long as the pursue of happiness within inner-self is fulfilled. Actually, I just have to grasp some books at Kinokuniya Book Store, the largest book store in Thailand, after this test.
Good Luck everyone.
^O-O^
Johnson zhang

Re: I just got a very good topic on IELTS’s Task 2 topic tod

Post by Johnson zhang »

Last edited by Johnson zhang on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing is impossible! Band score 9 is certainly not.
youngsherlock

Post by youngsherlock »

Oh! Thank you for reminding me that. I totally forgot.
I'll do it better next time.
Have a good day!
Good Luck everyone.
^O-O^
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

youngsherlock wrote:
Some people think that it is important to use leisure time for activities that improve the mind, such as reading and doing word puzzles. Other people feel that it is important to rest the mind during leisure time.

What individuals do to recharge or relax depends on the individual. I strongly believe that they can do whatever they want as long as their decisions of managing their free time keep their enthusiasm alive, and put their everyday activities in balance.

To be specific, some just pick readings in books, maps, faces, and so on and even make themselves preoccupied, steping feet into problem-solving circumstances. (<-- Reword to: For example, some people prefer to lose themselves in a book or music and shut the world out.) This is just their way of getting into their comfort zone.
As a Math teacher, whenever I have free time, I prefer reading books and talking to my students on Skype on certain aspects of in-class and out-of-class problems that might pop up. Unfortunately, other family members view my way of using free time as wasteful and inappropriate. However, after they found out that I enjoy doing all of these things, they finally understood me.

Meanwhile, others, who may find these free-time alternatives of mine boring, would rather do physical activities to rest their minds. Like my wife, who is a Chinese language teacher. She loves hanging out with friends after work, talking for hours on her mobile phone with her parents every day, and watching Korean TV programs before bed time. She happily spends her life that way, refilled with the energy and ambition needed for her to teach her students to learn more, to do more, and to become more.

To sum up, managing how to use one's free time in effective and efficient ways really depends on one’s character. However, as long as the pursuit of happiness within oneself is fulfilled, the method doesn't matter. Actually, I just have to grasp some books at Kinokuniya Book Store, the largest book store in Thailand, after this test. (<-- I would not include this last sentence in the essay because it doesn't relate to the original topic.)
Great job, youngsherlock!