GT Task 1, please review and comment.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
simar178

GT Task 1, please review and comment.

Post by simar178 »

You have decided to leave your current employment. Write a letter to your employer. Include the following in your letter:

- Explain why you are writing
- Explain why you have decided to leave the company
- Tell your employer what you plan to do after leaving your present employment

Dear Sir,

I am writing this letter to give you a notice on my resignation with the organisation as a Test Engineer. It was a pleasure to work for an year with this Company and I am thankful for affording several opportunities during my employment.

During my tenure everyone in this company was very cooperative and caring, because of whom I have achieved several milestones. However, owing to my precursor interest in Master of Business Administration now I have decided to pursue my further studies from College of business studies, Mumbai. It is a 2 year degree course which will start from first week of july. It would be grateful to you if you could relieve me by 21 June 2014 so that i can step into the another beginning of my life.

I look forward for your cooperation for the same. Please let me know if I can be of any help during my notice period.

Your Sincerely,
Simar
durai

Re: GT Task 1, please review and comment.

Post by durai »

Dear Sir,

I am writing 'this letter' remove this to inform you that I have decided to resign my job as a Test Engineer. you are working there, so it's not necessary to tell your manager that you want to resign form that companyIt has been so I think you still work there, so present perfect pleasure to work for a year with your company, and I am thankful for affording several opportunities during my employment.

During my tenure, everyone in this company was watch your tense , ( has been very cooperative and caring, because of whom I have achieved several milestones. However, owing to my precursor ? interest in Master of Business Administration now I have decided to pursue my further studies from College of Business Studies, Mumbai. It is a 2 year degree course which will start from first week of July. It would be grateful 'to you' remove if you could relieve me by 21 June 2014 year is not necessary, because no one resign a year ahead so that I can start my next career.

I look forward for your cooperation for the same. Please let me know if I can be of any help during my notice period.

Your Sincerely,
Simar

concentrate on sentence structure, watch your tenses, sometimes poor word choice...

go through many letters, formal, semi-formal, and informal...

so that you keep the tone of the letter

overall looks band 5 to 5.5
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7
lady_artemis

Post by lady_artemis »

simar178 wrote:
You have decided to leave your current employment. Write a letter to your employer. Include the following in your letter:

- Explain why you are writing
- Explain why you have decided to leave the company
- Tell your employer what you plan to do after leaving your present employment

Hi Simar178 I hope you would not mind me using your topic. I am also practicing my essay writing for GT.

Hi guys I hope you could make a comment and grade my essay as well. I will be taking General IELTS.

My essay:

Dear Sir

Please be informed that I will be resigning from my position as Sales & Marketing at ABC Company with effect 23rd May 2014. I understand I will be serving 1 month notice therefore my last day of work would be on 22nd June 2014.

My husband got promoted from his job and he will be required to travel frequently. He wanted me to stay at home and pay more attention to our two boys who are still very young, ages 5 and 8 years old respectively. My husband and I thought it would be best that I will focus my time and energy in providing proper guidance as our children grow. I believe being a full time mom would be a challenging role for me as I am used to be career woman since at the age of 20.

On a separate note I would like thank you for the professional guidance during my eight years tenure in the company. I had so much fun working under your management.

Would you be needing my assistance during the transition period please let me know I will be delighted to facilitate.

Thank you.

Sincerely

Artemis
durai

Post by durai »

Dear Sir, ( comma)

I am writing to inform that I will be resigning from my position as a Sales & Marketing what? executive or managerat ABC Company (no need to mention company name, because its obvious) with effect from 23rd May 2014. I understand I should give 1 month notice, therefore my last working day will ( you can't use would, because your can't be uncertain of your resignation day be on 22nd June 2014.

The reason for this resignation is my husband got promotion in his job and he will be required to travel frequently. He has asked me to stay at home, and look after our two children who are still very young, . Like my husband, I thought it would be best to provide proper guidance as our children grow. I believe being a home-maker would be a challenging role for me as I am only used to be career woman since at the age of 20.

On a separate note I would like to thank you for the professional guidance you have given during my eight years tenure in this company. I really enjoyed working under your management.

Would you be needing my assistance during the transition period please let me know, and I will be delighted to facilitate.

Thank you. not necessary)

Sincerely

inaccurate word usage, some grammar errors persist, task response is visible

Looks band 5.5 to 6 (I am not an assessor)
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7
lady_artemis

Post by lady_artemis »

Thank you.. will keep that in mind.. still need more practice.. :D