Please grade my speaking part 3

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
saravanan ps

Please grade my speaking part 3

Post by saravanan ps »

CUE CARD :
Descirbe a child you know, you should say:
How you know him or her what he or she like to do . What kind of person she is and explain how you feel about this child.
Attachments
answer_2393.mp3
(2.31 MiB) Downloaded 222 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Please grade my speaking part 3

Post by lmoore »

Hello, Saravanan ps,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your sister! It is always fun to hear about other people’s families.
Overall, your speaking speed was good. Sometimes, I think that you spoke too quickly, as there were words that I could not understand at times. Your speech’s organization could also use a few more connectors and transitions, like, “for example,” “in addition,” “also,” “Now I will discuss,” etc.

As far as grammar and sentence structure goes, I think these may be areas for improvement for you. This is especially true of subject/verb agreement. For example, you said, “She’s getting the second standard,” when I think you may me she is in the second grade or second level. Additionally, you said, “She’s having a round head. . .” This should be, “She has a round head” because it is a permanent trait. The present progressive indicates something that is temporary and will end, like, “She is walking to school right now.”

Your vocabulary was rather general, and it could be more specific. You can achieve this by choosing a few synonyms for common words and practicing them regularly in your speech and writing. I did hear some higher level vocabulary words like, “gorgeous,” “plentiful,” and “humor.”

Here were some other sentence structure problems:

1.) What she do – She always try to be around with her mother. – What she DOES – She always tries to be around her mother. OR She always tries to be with her mother.
2.) She also help her mother. – She also HELPS her mother.
3.) Most of the times, she speaks in a manner that advise ?? to elders – Most of the TIME, she speaks in such a way that she sounds like she is giving advice to elders. (I’m not sure exactly what you meant by this sentence.)
Thank you again for sharing your thoughts, and best wishes as you continue to practice!
saravanan ps

Re: Please grade my speaking part 3

Post by saravanan ps »

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your time and your feedback. I will work on grammer and Sentence pattern .

Thanks & regards
P.S.Saravanan