task 1 letter - friend's marriage

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
durai

task 1 letter - friend's marriage

Post by durai »

Write a letter to your friend for
1. Why you could not attend his marriage

2. What was the reason?

3. How would you compensate?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Karthi,

How are you? Hope you doing well.

I am writing to let you know that I am unable to attend your wedding ceremony on 22nd August because of work reasons. Let me explain in detail.

As you know, my work life is always hectic. Last Friday, my manager told me to attend a business seminar which will be conducted at London on 21st August. He added that this is an important meeting, and, as a result, our company would get a project for next 10 years. So, unfortunately, I am not able to attend your marriage function.

I will be back on 25th of the same month, and I would like to invite your family for a feast at my home on 26th. I would be very interested to meet you and your wife because I never assumed you as a married man.

Let me know your plan and best wishes for your marriage life.

Best regards,

Durai Sam
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: task 1 letter - friend's marriage

Post by Flick »

durai wrote:Write a letter to your friend for
1. Why you could not attend his marriage

2. What was the reason?

3. How would you compensate?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Karthi,

How are you? Hope you doing well.

I am writing to let you know that I am unable to attend your wedding ceremony on 22nd August because of work reasons. Let me explain in detail.

As you know, my work life is always hectic. Last Friday, my manager told me to attend a business seminar which will be held in London on 21st August. He added that this is an important meeting, and, as a result, our company would get a project for the next 10 years. So, unfortunately, I am not able to attend your wedding ceremony.

I will be back on 25th of the same month, and I would like to invite your family to a feast at my home on the 26th. I would be very interested to meet you and your wife because I never imagined that you would get married!

Please let me know if you can make it and best wishes for your married life.

Best regards,

Durai Sam
Hi Durai,
I really like the idea of inviting your friend to a feast to make up for not attending his wedding. Great job!

Flick