task 1 - arrange farewell party

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
durai

task 1 - arrange farewell party

Post by durai »

One of your co-workers is leaving the company. Write a letter to the manager who asked you to organize his/her farewell party and say
- Where will the event take place?
- Suggest a suitable time.
- Describe what food you would serve and what entertainment arrangements you would make.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Vijay,

I am writing to inform you about the arrangements I have done for our colleague’s farewell party.

As per your request, I have booked a concert hall at Jenny’s Residency because it is very close to our office so everyone could go on time. Also, this is one of the places which has reasonable price that comes in the budget you mentioned.

As everyone is busy on their current project work until next Friday, so I would recommend conducting this event on the same night, the 22nd of August. It would not be a problem for staying up to late night because the hotel closes only at midnight, so we will have more time to enjoy the farewell of Mr. Durai.

In relates to dinner, I would prefer to order Italian food because the restaurant in this place is famous for pastas and pizzas with a free Mediterranean salad on the side for every meal. Besides this, there is small recreational centre which houses swimming pool, table tennis and 10 pin bowling, so everyone would enjoy that wonderful night.

Please write to me if there is any discrepancies of the arrangements I have made.

Yours truly,
Kannan Arul
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: task 1 - arrange farewell party

Post by Flick »

durai wrote:One of your co-workers is leaving the company. Write a letter to the manager who asked you to organize his/her farewell party and say
- Where will the event take place?
- Suggest a suitable time.
- Describe what food you would serve and what entertainment arrangements you would make.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Vijay,

I am writing to inform you about the arrangements for our colleague’s farewell party.

As per your request, I have booked a concert hall at Jenny’s Residency because it is very close to our office so everyone can arrive on time. Also, this is one of the places which has a reasonable price that meets the budget you mentioned.

As everyone is busy on their current project work until next Friday, I would recommend conducting this event on the same night, the 22nd of August. The hotel doesn't close until midnight, so we will have plenty of time to enjoy the farewell party.

With regards to dinner, I would prefer to order Italian food because the restaurant in this place is famous for pastas and pizzas with a free Mediterranean salad on the side for every meal. Besides this, there is small recreational centre which houses a swimming pool, table tennis and 10 pin bowling, so everyone will be able to enjoy the night.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you would like to me to make any changes to the arrangements I have made.

Yours truly,
Kannan Arul