please grade my essay-task 2- government duty

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0323

please grade my essay-task 2- government duty

Post by rairaichan0323 »

120630 It is the government’s responsibility to look after people with problems, such as the unemployed and the homeless. Do you agree or disagree?

In this age of change, the human society is progressing rapidly on various fronts. Yet at the same time, many serious problems have arisen such as unemployment and homeless. While some people opine that government has a duty to take care of citizens with problems, many others believe that public sector should not be responsible for them. It is agreed that the administration should have an obligation to assist their dwellers with difficulties. The reasons for this are twofold.

First of all, it is an undeniable fact that the government is responsible for maintaining a safe and stable community. The issues of joblessness and homeless can lead to societal unrest. It can make the place to become unlivable. For example, in earlier times, Hong Kong had a big anti-societal revolution due to a high unemployment rate. This revolution had seriously damaged the Hong Kong economy. This makes it clear that these destabilizing factors can detrimental profoundly influence upon nation and dwellers. In order to maintain a comfortable society to the residents, the public sector has an obligation to concern individuals with difficulties.

Secondly and even more importantly that the nation collect taxes from residents; therefore, it has a duty to use the levy to address their problems. To take Hong Kong as an example, the public sector provides public houses with lower rent to impoverished households and has a department for helping town people to seek for a job. It is obvious from this that society has a duty to utilize dweller’s tax in a proper way.

Following this look at how the government should maintain livable places and accurately using taxes, it is proven that nation has a responsibility to look after people with problems. Also, I believe that it seems highly advisable for public sector to try all their best to resolve individuals’ issues.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: please grade my essay-task 2- government duty

Post by Flick »

rairaichan0323 wrote:120630 It is the government’s responsibility to look after people with problems, such as the unemployed and the homeless. Do you agree or disagree?

In this age of change, human society is progressing rapidly on various fronts. Yet at the same time, many serious problems have arisen such as unemployment and homelessness. While some people opine that the government has a duty to take care of citizens with problems, many others believe that the public sector should not be responsible for them. I believe that administration should have an obligation to assist their citizens with difficulties. The reasons for this are twofold.

First of all, it is an undeniable fact that the government is responsible for maintaining a safe and stable community. The issues of joblessness and homelessness can lead to societal unrest. It can make an area unlivable. For example, in earlier times, Hong Kong had a big anti-societal revolution due to a high unemployment rate. This revolution seriously damaged the Hong Kong economy. This makes it clear that these destabilizing factors can have a profoundly detrimental influence upon a nation and its dwellers. In order to maintain a comfortable society for the residents, the public sector has an obligation to be concerned about individuals with difficulties.

Secondly and even more importantly, the nation collects taxes from residents; therefore, it has a duty to use this levy to address their problems. To take Hong Kong as an example, the public sector provides public houses with lower rent to impoverished households and has a department for helping town people seek jobs. It is obvious from this that society has a duty to utilize dweller’s tax in a proper way.

Following this look at how the government should maintain livable places and accurately use taxes, it is clear that a nation has a responsibility to look after people with problems. Also, I believe that it seems highly advisable for the public sector to try their best to resolve individuals’ issues.
Well argued. I really liked your Hong Kong examples.