My second essay

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
CharlieChan
Premium subscriber
Premium subscriber

My second essay

Post by CharlieChan »

Thank you for your feedback, Ryan. Here is my second essay:

Academic Task -2
It is difficult to experience a country fully as a tourist in a hotel. To appreciate and understand a country, a person needs to live there. To what extent do you agree or disagree.

Response

Being a tourist in a hotel, it is almost impossible to experience a country from all perspectives. Hence, to appreciate and understand a nation, it is essential to live with native people. This point of view will be supported by analysing how living with native people gives insight into lifestyle of local people and gives opportunity to have real life experience of local cultures and traditions, which is otherwise would not be feasible.

Firstly, understanding lifestyle of local people is a prerequisite to understand a country as a whole. Documentary movies plays a good example here. Documentaries made on Mumbai slum areas in India involved real life experiences of actors in these areas in order to give a clear picture of lifestyle of slum people on a large screen. This example clearly explains that to understand an area, living there in a natural circumstance plays a major role.

Secondly, living in a country with native people provides opportunity to celebrate their festivals and occasions on real life circumstances, and thus gives insight into the same. For example, there are many regional festivals like Lohri and Raksha-Bandhan which are celebrated only in some states of India and if need to be experienced by tourists, it requires coordination with regional people. It is apparent from this example that living in a hotel as a tourist will certainly results in minimal experiences associated with rituals and traditions of a country. This shows that living in an area is a prerequisite to appreciate a country.

To conclude, after analysing both the points, it can be clearly seen that living in a country is extremely important to appreciate and understand a country in true sense.
Ryan

Re: My second essay

Post by Ryan »

Hi Charlie,

Please find my comments attached to this message. Let me know if you have any questions!
Attachments
Charlie 2.pdf
(38.89 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
CharlieChan
Premium subscriber
Premium subscriber

Re: My second essay

Post by CharlieChan »

Thank you Ryan