Kindly evaluate my task 2 and mention the bands-----RAVIN

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ravisajan

Kindly evaluate my task 2 and mention the bands-----RAVIN

Post by ravisajan »

Having more money and less free time is better than earning less money and having more free time. Discuss both views and state your opinion.

The importance of money and leisure time in life cannot reach the point of equilibrium. People are having contrasting views like some prefer to have plenty of money with less free time whereas others suggest opposite view. Although I favor the former opinion, I will discuss both of the sides in this essay.

Firstly, money is an indispensable part of life and with more money; one can even afford the luxuries apart from the basic needs. In contrast to this, a person with limited financial resources will often lead a life of misery. With money, one can buy the assets that can give us comfort which cannot be bought even with the plenty of free time. In addition to this, it makes people value their leisure times. For example, the office going people often understand the importance of a holiday after long working week whereas it will be an ordinary day off for the person who has plenty of free time all over the week. However, a better time management is required to divide time to maintain work-life balance.

However, it is true that money can buy every luxury in life but it cannot buy happiness. Even the Maslow’s theory supports the need of belongingness for a person. Personal space is required else depression and illness will prevail and even the piles of money will not help. Furthermore, in the absence of time, the rich people avail boarding schools for their kids. Sooner or later those children start feeling isolated and hence lose their confidence in long terms. Thus, there must be enough time for a person to fulfill the emotional and self-belongingness needs as well.

Thus, having enough money is not bad but not understanding the boundaries of work and personal space can cause problems. A person should concentrate on spending the leisure time in a more fruitful manner so as to realize the importance of socializing. So, in my opinion, possessing enough money and having less free time is favorable.