Please assess my essay - Writing task II

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
RA99

Please assess my essay - Writing task II

Post by RA99 »

The threat of nuclear weapons maintains world peace. Nuclear power provides cheap
and clean energy.
The benefits of nuclear technology far outweigh the disadvantages.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your knowledge or
experience.
Write at least 250 words.

It is no doubt that nuclear energy has become more and more utilized by countries all over the world for its great advantages. It is used as a source of energy to generate electricity, desalinate water, and to create super weapons.

It is argued by many people and experts in nuclear engineering that the continuous production and innovation of weapons that use nuclear energy is putting the world in constant danger. For instance, take Kim Jung Un the supreme leader of North Korea, as a ruler who is continuously developing his nuclear missiles and launching them to different sites, and as a person who does not consider international laws and countries, he is becoming a major risk of world safety.

Moreover, countries which have nuclear weapons seem to dominate the world in general. This could mean that if all countries implement new ways and methods of creating nuclear weapons, it might result in complete chaos.

In conclusion, I feel inclined to agree that the advantages of nuclear power outweigh its dangers, and because we are expected to run out of some natural resources like petroleum, coal, and gasoline, I think nuclear power might become essential in the future.
Mark IELTS

Re: Please assess my essay - Writing task II

Post by Mark IELTS »

Hello!

I haven't counted the number of words, but this looks a little under 250 to me.

You have looked at the issue of nuclear weapons, using good examples, but you haven't really examined the use of nuclear power stations, so this essay is incomplete.

The short length (unless I am mistaken) means that only a limited range of structures and vocabulary have been use and, overall, expression is quite simple.

All the best,
Mark