Academic IELTS Q 24-4-2014 Saudi Arabia

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
Fatima

Academic IELTS Q 24-4-2014 Saudi Arabia

Post by Fatima »

hello,

I just finished my exam couple of hours ago, it was in Saudi Arabia, Alahsa

Task 2 question was:
public transport should be funded by government (a few more words here that I don't seem to remember precisely)
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Task 1 question was:
bar graph shows the percentage of people who lived 65 years or more in 1980 and 2000, in Germany, Canada and the UK. And predictions for people in these same countries in 2030.

Speaking part 2 : about trains and rain.
Speaking part 3 : about education and teaching.

Good luck everyone.
Last edited by Fatima on Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ryan

Re: Academic IELTS Q 24-4-2014 Saudi Arabia

Post by Ryan »

Thank you so much for sharing, Fatima. How did the Task 1 about age groups go? I find weaving all of that age-related vocabulary together kind of tedious.
Fatima

Post by Fatima »

hello Ryan,

I agree that this topic has been consumed a lot and I didn't see it coming, but at that time it didn't matter being tedious or not, the most important thing was I've practiced and came across plenty of similar topics, so after reading the question I was delighted. I wrote an introduction, overview, paragraph about proportion in 1980 and 2000 and a paragraph about the predictions.

Thank you Ryan, your videos made that exhausting and dull period of preparing for the exam much smoother, I am truly grateful.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Fatima wrote:hello Ryan,

I agree that this topic has been consumed a lot and I didn't see it coming, but at that time it didn't matter being tedious or not, the most important thing was I've practiced and came across plenty of similar topics, so after reading the question I was delighted.
Excellent news. I'm sure you're confidence came through in your writing, too.

Hope to hear good results! :)