Ielts Letter-To amend the schedule.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
deepakt

Ielts Letter-To amend the schedule.

Post by deepakt »

Hi Ryan,

Can you please evaluate my IELTS letter[Please rate IELTS Band 1-9]

You have to schedule a meeting your company has recently pledged to have with members of another
company .In your letter:
Explain why you need to amend the schedule
Apologize for the amendment
Suggest a new meeting time.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing you in regard to our planned meet on 18th August.Unfortunately, we could not meet
you.Please allow me to elaborate, why we need to reschedule our meeting.

In last week, we lost our business in London area.Moreover, our CEO had resigned.As a result, our
financial condition has been dire, so, all of our teammates are very busy with their work. Most of us
are working overtime to get the new business.

Nevertheless, the reason for rescheduling our planned meet depending our critical situation is
understandable.I hope this will not affect our relationship.As, to grow our business in south-East Asia
our meeting is indispensable, would you do not mind if we could schedule the meeting on 18th
October at 10 AM.We do not have any urgent work commitment on that time.Please let us know as
early as possible so that we could arrange our visit at our headquarters in Pune.

Sorry, for the inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely,
Deepak T.

Regards,
Deepak
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Ielts Letter-To amend the schedule.

Post by Flick »

deepakt wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:18 pm Hi Ryan,

Can you please evaluate my IELTS letter[Please rate IELTS Band 1-9]

You have to schedule a meeting your company has recently pledged to have with members of another
company .In your letter:
Explain why you need to amend the schedule
Apologize for the amendment
Suggest a new meeting time.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you in regard to our planned meet on 18th August. Unfortunately, I am unable to meet you. Please allow me to elaborate on why we need to reschedule our meeting.

Last week, we lost our business in the London area. Moreover, our CEO has resigned. As a result, our financial condition has been dire, so all of our teammates are very busy with their work. Most of us are working overtime to get new business.

Nevertheless, the reason for rescheduling our planned meet depending our critical situation is
understandable.(<--Reword to: "I hope you understand why we have to reschedule, and that is will not affect our relationship.")I hope this will not affect our relationship.(<--Delete this sentence.) In order to grow our business in south-East Asia, our meeting is indispensable. Could we please reschedule the meeting to the 18th of October at 10 AM.We do not have any urgent work commitment on that time.(<--Delete this sentence. It makes the other person feel unimportant.) Please let us know as soon as possible so that we can arrange a visit to our headquarters in Pune.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely,
Deepak