Hi. Im new here. Please evaluate my writing task 2.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
tin-tinayz04

Hi. Im new here. Please evaluate my writing task 2.

Post by tin-tinayz04 »

TASK: VIOLENCE AMONG YOUNG PEOPLE HAS INCREASED DRAMATICALLY OVER THE PAST 50 YEARS. tHIS RISE RISE MOVE IN TANDEM WITH THE GROWTH IN VIOLENT MEDIA THUS, THE CONCLUSION CAN BE DRAWN THAT VIOLENT MEDIA IS THE MAIN CAUSE OF VIOLENCE AMONG YOUNG PEOPLE. DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE?

Youth has been engaged in violence over the last five decades and it is been rising since then. It is said that violent media contributed to juvinile delinquencies. This statement has received much criticism all over the world. However, I disagree because proper guidance from the parents plays an important role in teaching them the values of being a good citizen and also teachers can provide media literacy inside the classroom. In this essay, I will be discussing how parents and teachers can prove that violent media should not be solely blamed for the increasing violence among the youth.

Firstly, Parents are expected to provide proper guidance to their children. The best way to help kids deal with violent media is to watch with them and talk to them about what they see. With this, they can fully understand that not all seen on the television can be depicted. This can aid them to differentiate between reality and fantasy thus avoiding them to be aggressive.

Secondly, Providing media literacy by the teachers assists the students to understand that media is not all about violence. For example, teaching the students how to access, analyze, evaluate and create media. These can be incorporated into the curriculum of the schools to deliver detailed knowledge about it. In the end, the pupils can realize that media has another purpose aside from inflicting violence.

To summarize, the guidance of the parents and teachers can change the perception of young people on how to put media to good use. Violent media should not be blamed alone for causing the violence among our youth. Therefore, violence can always be prevented if the youngsters have proper counseling in the house and at school.