GT-T2-120609 - accommodation

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
allen_zhang

GT-T2-120609 - accommodation

Post by allen_zhang »

120609 Many people today rent accommodation rather than buy homes. Do advantages of this decision outweigh disadvantages?

It is true that more and more people prefer to rent a house or apartment rather than buying one these days. From my perspective, the advantages of renting are outweighed by its disadvantaged.

On the one hand, there are certainly some benefits of renting in comparison with buying. One of the main reasons why some people choose to rent a house or apartment is the flexibility. Nowadays, many people change their jobs more often than before and sometimes they even need to move to another city for a new career. Thus, it would be much more convenient for them to rent accommodation. Another advantage of renting is the lower cost. Property prices are crazy in many places these days. For many families, even if they managed to find enough money to cover the down payment for a house, the monthly payment for the mortgage poses a great financial pressure to them. The quality of their lives could be affected due to the financial burden caused.

In spite of all the possible benefits of renting, I believe that buying a house is still more preferable for most families. Firstly, buying a house means that the buyer own the house and they can pass it onto their children in the feature, which could give the buyer a sense of security. Thus, owning one’s own home is usually a strong goal for most people. Secondly, real estate market is going up these years and house owners make a lot of money from it. They just put down a small percentage of the value of their house and can then earn considerable money back just a few years later. Because of this, buying houses is still one of the most profitable and secure investments in many societies.

To conclude, although there are certain advantages of renting, I believe that buying and owning a house is a better choice for families.
#1 2013-09-07 L7.5; R8; S6; W6
#2 2014-03-08 L7.5; R7; S7; W5.5
#3 2014-05-10 L7.5; R8; S6.5; W6
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S5.5; W7
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S7; W5.5
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: GT-T2-120609 - accommodation

Post by Flick »

allen_zhang wrote:120609 Many people today rent accommodation rather than buy homes. Do advantages of this decision outweigh disadvantages?

It is true that more and more people prefer to rent a house or apartment rather than buy one these days. From my perspective, the advantages of renting are outweighed by its disadvantages.

On the one hand, there are certainly some benefits of renting in comparison with buying. One of the main reasons why some people choose to rent a house or apartment is the flexibility. Nowadays, many people change their jobs more often than before and sometimes they even need to move to another city for a new career. Thus, it would be much more convenient for them to rent accommodation. Another advantage of renting is the lower cost. Property prices are crazy in many places these days. For many families, even if they managed to find enough money to cover the down payment for a house, the monthly payment for the mortgage poses a great financial pressure to them. The quality of their lives could be affected due to the financial burden caused.

In spite of all the possible benefits of renting, I believe that buying a house is still more preferable for most families. Firstly, buying a house means that the buyer owns the house and they can pass it onto their children in the future, which could give the buyer a sense of security. Thus, owning one’s own home is usually a strong goal for most people. Secondly, the real estate market is on the rise and house owners could make a lot of money if they sell. They just put down a small percentage of the value of their house and can then earn considerable money back just a few years later. Because of this, buying houses is still one of the most profitable and secure investments in many societies.

To conclude, although there are certain advantages of renting, I believe that buying and owning a house is a better choice for most families.
I agree with you: buying is better than renting. Your essay is realistic and makes good points. Great job!
Flick
allen_zhang

Re: GT-T2-120609 - accommodation

Post by allen_zhang »

Hi Flick,
Thank you for you kind review and correction!

Best regards,
Allen
#1 2013-09-07 L7.5; R8; S6; W6
#2 2014-03-08 L7.5; R7; S7; W5.5
#3 2014-05-10 L7.5; R8; S6.5; W6
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S5.5; W7
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S7; W5.5