Newbie here. Need guidance and feedback for my essay.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Divyaa

Newbie here. Need guidance and feedback for my essay.

Post by Divyaa »

Hi, this is divya. I am new to this forum and have watched few of your videos on tips and structure for essay writing. Please evaluate my essay so that i can correct my mistakes and rectify it. I have no clue where I'm wrong and am sure your feedback will help me greatly to know my flaws. Waiting for your response.

Writing Task 2.
Question:
We live in a world in which we are constantly exposed to advertising. To what extent does advertising influence our choice as consumers, and what effect does it have on our lifestyles? Discuss this issue and give your opinion.

Answer:
In today's world, advertising has become a great way to sell products. It is in such a state where no product can be profited without advertising. In my personal opinion, advertising is greatly influenced on our day to day activities. Let us discuss the various aspects of this idea.

Technology has developed drastically that advertising shows its appearance in all forms of medium like TV, radio, internet and print respectively. People are exposed to these mediums on a daily basis and these advertisements attract them to buy their products. Firstly, the visual representation of the ads affect the consumers, these include TV, internet and print media whereas radio follows the verbal advertisement method. People get attracted to a lot of aspects like the offers, if their favourite celebrity features in the ad. To make the consumers prepare to change their mind from one product to another is a great challenge and this depends on the frequency of exposing these ads to them. For instance, people might buy a product regardless of money which will greatly affect their lifestyle just to look good as it showed in the ads they saw.

Secondly, people are greatly affected by "word of mouth" advertising which means their family or friends suggesting a particular product and asking them to give a try on it. This type of advertising has nothing to do with the product's company, rather this is purely based on the consumer themselves. In some way or the other, this method increase the consumer's lifestyle. This method is based out of trust and people are greatly profited from this till date unless and until they are allergic to certain products.

In conclusion, advertising is a great tool to sell the products which in turn affects the consumers lifestyle to an even more greater extent, also people are benefited in most of the cases.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Newbie here. Need guidance and feedback for my essay.

Post by Flick »

Divyaa wrote: Writing Task 2.
Question:
We live in a world in which we are constantly exposed to advertising. To what extent does advertising influence our choice as consumers, and what effect does it have on our lifestyles? Discuss this issue and give your opinion.

Answer:
In today's world, advertising has become a great way to sell products. In fact, no product can be successful without advertising. In my personal opinion, advertising greatly influences our day to day activities. Let us discuss the various aspects of this idea.

Technology has developed drastically and we can seeadvertising in all types of media like TV, radio, internet, and print. People are exposed to the media on a daily basis and these advertisements convince them to buy certain products. Firstly, the visual representation of the ads affects the consumers. These include TV, internet and print media, whereas radio uses a verbal advertisement method. People are attracted by various aspects like the offers, if their favourite celebrity features in the ad and so on. To encourage consumers to change from one product to another is a great challenge and the success of this often depends on the frequency of exposing these ads to them. For instance, people might buy a product regardless of cost if they believe it will greatly affect their lifestyle just like in the ads they saw.

Secondly, people are greatly affected by "word of mouth" advertising, which means their family or friends recommend a particular product and suggest they give it a try. This type of advertising has nothing to do with the product's company, rather, this is purely based on the consumers themselves. In some way or the other, this method increase the consumer's lifestyle. (<-- this sentence doesn't add to the meaning of the essay.) This method is based on trust and people are greatly influenced bythis unless they have had a bad experience with the product.

In conclusion, advertising is a great tool to sell products, which in turn affects the consumer's lifestyle, by creating a benefit for the consumer.
Hi Divyaa,

This is a good start. You write about what advertising is and how it is done. This is a great way to introduce the topic. Don't forget to include your own opinion; what do you think?

Flick