please evaluate task 1 : informal letter

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
jegankgm

please evaluate task 1 : informal letter

Post by jegankgm »

You borrowed an important textbook from a classmate last term. You now realize your classmate had returned home overseas and you still have the book. Write a letter to to him / her. In your letter:
apologize for the mistake
find out how important the book is to him / her
say what you will do
==========================================================

Dear Jane,

How are you doing? Hope you reach safely to your home town.

When rearranging the bookshelf, I found Nano-technology book that I have borrowed from you. Although I promised to return it a week ago, I completely forget it, and I am extremely sorry.

I came to know from Sam that you are going to your place on study holidays for preparing the final semester papers. I am aware this book is important in exam preparation days, as it is recommended by professor for the subject: Future Science.

I enquired local post office, to courier the book. They said it would take ten days to deliver at your place. Instead, I am sending through DHL post because they promised me to send it in three days. I hope you won't have an issue with this arrangement.

Just let me know when you received it.

with lots of love,

Jegan
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: please evaluate task 1 : informal letter

Post by Flick »

jegankgm wrote:You borrowed an important textbook from a classmate last term. You now realize your classmate had returned home overseas and you still have the book. Write a letter to to him / her. In your letter:
apologize for the mistake
find out how important the book is to him / her
say what you will do
==========================================================

Dear Jane,

How are you doing? I hope you reached your home town safely.

When rearranging my bookshelf, I found the Nano-technology book that I borrowed from you. Although I promised to return it a week ago, I completely forgo, and I am extremely sorry.

Sam told methat you are going home to prepare for the final semester papers. I am aware this book is important for your exam preparation, as it is recommended by the professor for the subject, Future Science.

I enquired at the local post office about posting your book. They said it would take ten days to deliver to your place. Instead, I am sending it through DHL post because they promised to deliver it in three days. I hope you won't have an issue with this arrangement.

Just let me know when you receive it.

With lots of love,

Jegan
Hi Jegan,

I enjoyed reading your letter. You cover all the tasks required. I like how you tried one solution and when that wasn't suitable, you suggested another. Well done!

Flick
vipin

Re: please evaluate task 1 : informal letter

Post by vipin »

IMO, don't think the following has been addressed in the letter

find out how important the book is to him / her?.

It is assumed in the letter that it is important. while experts can suggest better but i think you may lose some marks on the task completion as this was insufficiently covered.