Task-1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
AhmadMukhtiar

Task-1

Post by AhmadMukhtiar »

Q: you have a full-time job and also doing a part-time evening course. You now find that you cannot continue the course.
Write a letter to the course tutor. In your letter
describe the situation
explain why you cannot continue at this time
say what action you would like to take

Dear Mr.XYZ,

I am currently enrolled in a part-time electronic course at your institute and I am writing regarding some difficulties I have in continuing this course at this time. I would like to tell you why I can not carry on my course.

I believe that it is hard for you to acknowledge my case as I am already registered but my situation needs special consideration. The fact is that, during the enrollment session, I forgot to mention that I am doing a full time job. Recently, I have been promoted and this has increased loads of burden on my shoulders. Often I have to spend extra hours looking after my staff work as well as managing my own tasks.

I must say that it is really difficult for me to cope up with the current scenario. Normally it is very late at night when I reach home and find hardly no time after preparing my dinner.

This has compelled me to consider leaving out the course this time. I am hopeful that in the coming months I will have enough time to retake the course. Thus, keeping in view of my situation I am requesting to kindly refund my course fee.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to you and staff and look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

ABC.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Task-1

Post by Flick »

AhmadMukhtiar wrote:Q: you have a full-time job and also doing a part-time evening course. You now find that you cannot continue the course.
Write a letter to the course tutor. In your letter
describe the situation
explain why you cannot continue at this time
say what action you would like to take

Dear Mr. XYZ,

I am currently enrolled in a part-time electronics course at your institute and I am writing regarding some difficulties I have in continuing this course at this time. I would like to tell you why I am unable to continue.

I understand that it is hard for you to acknowledge my case as I am already registered, but I believe my situation needs special consideration. The fact is that, during the enrollment session, I forgot to mention that I also have a full time job. Recently, I have been promoted and this has significantly increased my workload. Often I have to spend extra hours looking after my staff as well as managing my own tasks.

Unfortunately, this makes it very difficult for me to cope up with work and study. Normally it is very late at night when I reach home and find hardly no time after preparing my dinner. (<-- I would remove this sentence because it does not add to your situation.)

This has compelled me to consider taking a break from my studies at this time. I am hopeful that in the coming months I will have enough time to retake the course. Thus, I am requesting a refund of my course fee.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to you and the staff and look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

ABC.