Newspapers and magazines

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
biancarpin

Newspapers and magazines

Post by biancarpin »

Hello everyone

I would like you to listen to this new recording of mine in order to see if I am improving.

My way of studying to the speaking is answering the questions of the first part of the test until I find my answer good. I record these answers all the time. Afterwards, I listen to them and see what can be improved.

I think that by doing that I'm speaking more quickly. This recording is the first one, and I find it much better than my other first ones.

Please, let me know your opinion :)

http://www.ieltsnetwork.com/download/file.php?id=137
Attachments
Newspapers and magazines.mp3
(3.89 MiB) Downloaded 218 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Newspapers and magazines

Post by lmoore »

Hello,

I want to read this teenage magazine because, from your description, it sounds interesting! Even though, I am a bit too old for that now. . . :)

Your fluency was good throughout your speech. You spoke somewhat slowly, but it did not hinder my understanding of what you were saying. You used plenty of transitional words and phrases to make it easier to follow you between topics, such as “Actually,” “I totally agree,” and “As I said before.”

There was one point at which I think you became a bit confused. It was where you were discussing your favorite newspaper after your favorite magazine. You never actually said the name of your favorite newspaper. Then you proceeded to repeat yourself a couple of times, using the word “interesting,” and it was somewhat confusing. You said something about “a good way of journals.” I assume you meant that the newspaper publishes some interesting articles.

Here are a few other areas to work on:

1.) I’m kind of a person that loves movies very much. – Here, you need to either be a person who likes movies or who doesn’t. While it shows an ability to use idiomatic speech to use “kind of,” you cannot be a “kind of” sort of person in this instance.
2.) On the movie world – This should be “in the movie world.”
3.) Particularly directed for girls – This should be “particularly directed AT girls.”
4.) A few of magazine and newspapers – a few magazineS and newspapers

Keep up your reading of English newspapers as that is a great way to find new words and see how they are used in different situations. Nice work.