Games

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
biancarpin

Games

Post by biancarpin »

Hi

Please, listen to what I recorded and say what you think of it. What would be my band?

http://www.ieltsnetwork.com/download/file.php?id=134

Thank you
Attachments
part 1.mp3
(4.66 MiB) Downloaded 190 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Games

Post by lmoore »

Hi, Biancarpin. Thank you so much for sharing your practice interview questions here!
Your vocabulary is quite sophisticated and specific, first of all. You used words like particularly, is known for, actually, sedentary, function, group situation, collective, all of which are higher-level words to use. At one point, however, you said, “is a thing,” which could have better been stated, “is a sport.” You want to try to avoid using “thing” or “stuff” in your interview as the more specific your vocabulary can be, the higher band score you are likely to earn.
You were easy to understand for the most part, but there were a couple of obvious pronunciation errors you should consider correcting. First, “culture” is pronounced “kuhlture,” not “koolture.” The first syllable “u” sound is short and relaxed. So instead of making your lips come together like in the “oo” sound of “pool,” your mouth should just be slightly open, like when you say the word “dull” and almost as in the relaxed “oo” sound in “took.” Secondly, the word “country” is pronounced “kuhntry,” not “kohntry.” The “ou” is a relaxed, short “u” sound again, like in “uh.” Finally, I was not sure what the last sentence of your speech was. I heard, “Playing games is good to for once being wealthy as well.” This does not make sense, and I could not quite guess what you were saying.
Your fluency was good overall. You did say, “uh, like, you know” many times, which helps the listener follow what you’re saying more easily. Your speaking speed is a bit slow, however. I would suggest practicing your answers to these questions, and timing yourself as you do so. Make recordings so that you can listen to yourself again and again to ensure that your pronunciation stays clear as you increase your speaking speed.
biancarpin

Post by biancarpin »

Thanks a lot!

I'll try to work on these points you mentioned and then upload more recordings.

But I would like to know what score I would get. Could anyone tell me?
adit

Post by adit »

Thanks for sharing with us very useful
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Hi Adit,

Long time no see. :) What are you up to these days?
adit

Post by adit »

Hi Ryan,
I was busy due to my job. However, I achieved 7 each in all models after that became little lazy to continue my studies.
Your site is very helpful I think I should spend more time to improve my language skills.
Thanks Ryan
biancarpin

Post by biancarpin »

Ryan, could you evaluate my speech? Thank you.