Please assess my writing task 1.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
fasah

Please assess my writing task 1.

Post by fasah »

The bar chart below gives information about vehicle ownership in China.write a report for a university lecturer describing the information.

The given bar chart illustrates the number of vehicles owned by people in China over the span of twelve years, ranging from 1987-1999. It can be observed clearly that the vehicle ownership over this period, rise in a moderate manner with less than 500 people having personal means of transport in the year 1987, that spike up to 4200 by the year 1999.

To begin with, the era of late 80's had least number of individuals with personalised transport. It showed only minor increase by 1989 estimating up to 500 people with automobiles. Towards early 90's, starting from 1991-1993,the graph shows further improvement, slightly peaking to 1000 people. However, the trend of ownership peaked sharply after 1993, atleast 2000 citizens having vehicles, just in a period of two years.Pacing with the regular growth, the numbers swelled from 1000 to 4000 in a period of just seven years,1993-1999, that is quite interesting to know.

Overall,vehicle ownership in China demonstrates positive upward trend, having 4 times more owners in 1999 in comparison to only 1000 by the end of 1993. Whereas, the numbers were almost less than half of it in 1987.
Attachments
Number-of-vehicle-per-thusand-people.png
Number-of-vehicle-per-thusand-people.png (11.3 KiB) Viewed 883 times
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please assess my writing task 1.

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Basically, quite good, but be careful with the figures. They show vehicles per thousand people, so that's how you have to express it in your writing, rather than, for instance "at least 2000 citizens having vehicles", which is completely different.

By the way, I'm not sure these figures are correct. I don't think that the average person in China owns 4 vehicles! (In 1999, about 4200 vehicles per thousand people?)

Some good vocabulary and not many grammatical errors - in particular nothing that confuses or changes meaning.

All the best,
David