hello everybody and Imoore
please listen to my record and grade it
Attachments
Caspian Sea.mp3
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 193 times
Jamshid

Re: Caspian Sea

Post by Jamshid »

Intially, I want to mention that I am neither a native speaker nor IELTS examiner. I am also a student who learns from his and other students' mistakes. I'll try to give my feedback.

Overall, the pace of your speech is OK. The usage of vacabulary and grammar is also quite good.
However, the speech lacks of linking words and the organisation. The reason why I have decided so is that the buzzing and using too many "YOU"s in your speech. You've used the word "YOU", if I am not mistaken, 8 or 9 times. The examination process is formal. Therefore, it would be better if you avoid overusing "YOU". The second point is buzzing. I know it is natural. Everybody does it. But you are not everybody! Outstand from others. Be confident!

Always begin your speech with special expressions or phrases such as "Now, I would like to talk about ... ", "I would like to describe ..." or "What I would like to talk about now is ...". After introduction, try to give much more detailed response. (I might say that you've tried. I like "spectacular seascape/scenery", "singing birds" and "fascinating landscape"! Keep using these "examiners-like" phrases. :) ) At the end, I guess you got lost or something so try to organise your conclusion. The phrases like "To finish up" or "To sum up" can help you with this!

In Tashkent, I guess that you would get higher than 5.5 and lower than 7.0. I am mentioning again that I am not an examiner. That's why, I just gave my own opinion. Because there is no person who can score you with listening to your answer for only Part 2. I have no right to do so as well. That was just a guess :)
Muxtar

Post by Muxtar »

thanks for evaluating : ))
Jamshid

Post by Jamshid »

You are very welcome! Good luck!
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Jamshid wrote:Intially, I want to mention that I am neither a native speaker nor IELTS examiner. I am also a student who learns from his and other students' mistakes. I'll try to give my feedback.

Overall, the pace of your speech is OK. The usage of vacabulary and grammar is also quite good.
However, the speech lacks of linking words and the organisation. The reason why I have decided so is that the buzzing and using too many "YOU"s in your speech. You've used the word "YOU", if I am not mistaken, 8 or 9 times. The examination process is formal. Therefore, it would be better if you avoid overusing "YOU". The second point is buzzing. I know it is natural. Everybody does it. But you are not everybody! Outstand from others. Be confident!

Always begin your speech with special expressions or phrases such as "Now, I would like to talk about ... ", "I would like to describe ..." or "What I would like to talk about now is ...". After introduction, try to give much more detailed response. (I might say that you've tried. I like "spectacular seascape/scenery", "singing birds" and "fascinating landscape"! Keep using these "examiners-like" phrases. :) ) At the end, I guess you got lost or something so try to organise your conclusion. The phrases like "To finish up" or "To sum up" can help you with this!

In Tashkent, I guess that you would get higher than 5.5 and lower than 7.0. I am mentioning again that I am not an examiner. That's why, I just gave my own opinion. Because there is no person who can score you with listening to your answer for only Part 2. I have no right to do so as well. That was just a guess :)
That is a great assessment, Jamshid.

Muxtar, I will also make a point to find some time this week to provide you with thorough feedback. You've been so diligent with your practice. :) Have you been exercising user lmoore's advice?
Muxtar

Post by Muxtar »

Hi,Ryan.I try to follow rules Imoore gave me as I can