Speaking Test on April 10th in Bangalore

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
meetarjuns

Speaking Test on April 10th in Bangalore

Post by meetarjuns »

Hey all,

I gave my speaking test yesterday(10th April) in Bangalore and I would like to share the questions I got in all the sections with you all.
Part 1:
About my work,
Asked me whether I watch TV news and read newspaper.
Is it important to be up-to-date.
Importance of politeness.(Ryan's interview with Vidit actually helped me here :) )
Who, in my childhood, taught me to be polite.
Importance of politeness in my culture.
Has the way of showing politeness changed over the years in my culture?

Part 2:
Cue card read "Describe your future plan".
**the moment I saw this first line I started noting down the notes and forgot to check the rest of the questions cuz I was really really nervous :(

Part 3:
I had mentioned in the part 2 as part of my future plans that I would like to start an old age home.
So the part 3 was based on this. About the old people in India, what can the Govt. do to protect them and so on.

Ryan,
Thank you so much for your tips. I didn't take any other trainings other than your Youtube videos and tips in the websites and the blog.
Tomorrow(12th April) I've my rest of the tests. The score I need is 6.5. Hoping to do well.

Also I've a few questions. Kindly reply :)
1. Can I start writing the task 2 first?
2. Should I write the no.of words I used, at the end of each writing tasks?
3. For reading, do we need to start with section 1 and go in the order or can we pick up any and start?
4. Is it 20 minutes for each reading section or 1 hour overall?

All the best, Guys. :)
Ryan

Re: Speaking Test on April 10th in Bangalore

Post by Ryan »

Thanks for sharing the experience, meetarjuns. Here are some quick answers to your questions:

1. Yes.
2. Don't count words. Doing this is a waste of time. Focus your energy on fulfilling the task. If you have been practicing your writing using an established Task 1/2 structure, your word count shouldn't be a problem.
3. You can engage the readings in any order you wish.
4. 60 minutes overall. You are in complete control of this time and can flip back and forth between sections as needed.

Good luck!
meetarjuns

Re: Speaking Test on April 10th in Bangalore

Post by meetarjuns »

Thank you so much Ryan :-)