Need your help, guys! Task 1 and 2.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
chiara_fisher

Need your help, guys! Task 1 and 2.

Post by chiara_fisher »

Hi, everyone.
I'm studying on my own so I don't have any person who can help me during my IELTS preparation. It would be awesome if someone of you wanted to help me.

Here you are task 1:
The diagram below shows the number of landline telephones per 1000 people in different countries over a five-year period.
Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.

the bar chart reports the changes in landline telephones in several countries the South East of Asia.
As we can see the nations with the major amount of landlines telephones are, respectively, Singapore (more than 450 thousand people in 2004) and Brunei (more than 225 thousand people in 2004).
Despite the relatively high diffusion of landlines, these 2 countries have registered a slight decrease since 2000.
On the other hand, can also be found nations with a continuous increase in the spread of this means of telecommunication. Indeed, places like Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand (even though there's a lack of 2004's data) have shown a steady increase by at least 50% between 2000 and 2004.
Not all data reports a significant upward trend; in fact, Philippines, Myanmar have registered a slight drop in landlines telephones ownership since the beginning of the analysed period.

Here you are Task 2:
Should parents be obliged to immunise their children against common childhood diseases? Or do individuals have the right to choose not to immunise their children?
What is your view of this practice?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from own knowledge or experience.

Nowadays, one of the most discussed medical topics concerns the use of vaccines to immunise children. Several parents refuse to vaccine their kids claiming that this particular kind of medical treatment could negatively affect their sons' health. on the contrary, doctors strenuously deem the importance of vaccines in particular during the early stages of a human's life.
on one hand, parents should have the right to choose what they consider best for their children (according to their ethical and moral beliefs), but, on the other hand, they should also be aware of the consequences that their choices might have on their kids' lives as well. indeed, I personally state that, due to these main reasons, parents should be obliged to follow current laws about children's immunisation.
In particular, couples who have newborns should understand the importance of immunisation in order to prevent their children from catching diseases and even dying.
every day, several pieces of news inform us about deaths and the spread of extremely dangerous diseases between infants; most of the times this is caused not just by vulnerability and weakness of childhood, but also by parents' careless and irresponsible behaviour. The only way to prevent this unnecessary pain, both for children and relatives, is to take action against illnesses before they appear and fight them in advance with recognised medical treatments.
these are the reason why I claim that it would be more likely to try to educate and convince the people who are going to have children of the vital importance of vaccines.

THANK YOU! :P
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Need your help, guys! Task 1 and 2.

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

For Task 1 we generally need the diagram. Looking at this report, I would say that the grammar and vocabulary are weak (a steady increase of 50%?, Philippines AND Myanmar). In addition, there is no overview or summary of the data.

Your Task 2 is very good. Arguments are generally clear and developed. The one that stands out as undeveloped is 'current laws'. Which laws? Which country? Grammar and vocabulary are very good in terms of range and accuracy.

All the best,
David