PLEASE COMMENT ON MY ESSAY .

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Tina

PLEASE COMMENT ON MY ESSAY .

Post by Tina »

Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior; others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.

Discuss both the views and give your opinion.

Nowadays, Tourism and Globalization has resulted in extensive migration and cultural exchange. However, such exchanges are expected to follow certain norms in order to maintain harmony between visitors and the host country. Some believe that visitors should follow local customs of the visiting country, while others refute this in favor of freedom that the host country should provide to visitors. Both the opinions will be critiqued before a reasoned conclusion is drawn.

Many countries in the Middle East believe in very regimental approach and they expect visitors to follow rules and regulations of their country religiously. Although some may argue that such restrictions may affect the influx of tourists to such country, it does have the benefit of strictly maintaining their own cultural heritage and religious values. Take an example of Mecca; It is one of the biggest mosque in the world maintaining its religious and heritage value. Everyone is aware of the fact that they will be strictly penalized if they will not follow the local rules of Mecca. This regimental style prevent any damage to such places. Thus, it is understandable why many support such ideology.

On the other hand, some favors freedom and lenient approach and believe that host country should welcome cultural differences. As a result, this will promote more tourism. To illustrate this, take an example of Greece, which has become a favorite tourist spot in the world because of the freedom it provides to visitors. In return, Greece was also benefitted and sustained recession period because of increased tourism. Thus, attraction for such opinion can also be seen.

After analyzing both the views, it is believed that regimental style on behalf of host country helps to maintain their own cultural heritage, which could be otherwise easily damaged by giving excess freedom to the visitors. It is also hoped that country like Greece will revert back to the strict style once recession period is over and they are out of the economic crunch .
saran

Re: PLEASE COMMENT ON MY ESSAY .

Post by saran »

use small letter ;it dont use capital It
Last edited by saran on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tina

Post by Tina »

I could not understand your message.
crissy80

Post by crissy80 »

i think this is essay is a lot better than your essay about crime rate. i think you only made few mistakes.

1. Tourism and Globalization (has) = isn't it supposed to be have for there are two subjects.
2. the way you present your examples.- it should be "for example, Mecca, or Take mecca for example,'