holiday.mp3
(2.22 MiB) Downloaded 214 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Holiday

Post by lmoore »

Hi, Muxtar,
It sounds like your holiday in Paris was amazing! I only got to spend a couple of days there once, but it was a couple of weeks for you! I’m jealous. 
Pronunciation needs some work in this speech. France is pronounced like “Frants” or “Frahnts” instead of “Franzuh.” The “e” on the end of the word is silent. The Eiffel Tower sounds like “Eyefull Tower” instead of “Afel Tower.” In addition, you said “heliday” instead of “holiday.” Make sure you pronounce the short “o” sound in the word. Also, there were times when I simply could not understand the word that you said in a sentence. For example, “We spent more time in the ? because we have always desired to?”
Watch the use of non-count nouns as well. “Ocean” is a non-count noun here. You can watch the ocean or the sea from Paris’ ports, but not the oceans. If you could watch the oceans, it would mean that you could see all of the oceans of the world from the port.
Finally, I did not hear a conclusion to this talk. Conclusions are important because they help wrap up what your listener has heard.
Nice job, and I hope you get a chance to tell an examiner about your holiday as it sounds awesome.