GT Task 1 Letter of complaint

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
wannabe

GT Task 1 Letter of complaint

Post by wannabe »

You recently made reservations for dinner at a very famous and expensive restaurant in town. However, the meal and the service were terrible. The restaurant manager was not available to solve the problem, so you left without a resolution.

Write an email to the restaurant's manager in about 150-200 words. Your email should do the following things:

State what problems you had with the food you ordered.
Complain about the service.
Describe how you want the restaurant to resolve the problem to your satisfaction."

To Manager of Restaurant X,

I am writing this letter to complain about poor quality of service that I observed during my last visit to the restaurant. I am convinced that it is unacceptable service for this highly ranked place according to reviews in different sources. Although, it is quite unpleasant situation, I believe that it can be resolved if responsible actions will be taken on your end.

Last Friday I had special occasion in my family, it was 5th anniversary of our marriage with my wife. The special event for the night was dinning at the X restaurant. Therefore, I reserved a table for two person at 7 o'clock at the restaurant located at 100 King St West. We came at the place in time and were seated in the cozy spot near the window with the view on the street. Next, we ordered 2 beef steakes, caesar and greek salads and home-made fries with bacon as an appetizer. Until the moment everything went great and we were happy with the choice of the dinning place, however, following sequence of the events left us disappointed and regretted about this decision.

After approximately an hour of waiting, we received our appetizer. The waitress did not apologize for the long time waiting and moved on to take an order at the next table. It past 30 minutes more after we finished the appetizer to get our steakes, however, what is more important, that our stakes were undercooked. Although, we asked to make them well-done, they brought us it in rare condition. Me and my wife hate to eat undercooked meat covered with blood, so it was unfortunate to see it when we were starved by waiting so long. I asked to change our meat, but to my surprise waitress refused to do so motivated that it is exactly the order we made. I requested to talk to the manager, and again was told that it is not possible, because he is not present at this time.

Our dinner were ruined and the mood of special occasion vanished. We left the restaurant extremely dissatisfied and angry. I demand a compensation of the full cost of our dinner plus your apologize in regards to this unacceptable situation.

Looking forward to your reply,
Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
http://ielstsbooster.com
Tech-savvy way to improve your IELTS score
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: GT Task 1 Letter of complaint

Post by Flick »

wannabe wrote:
You recently made reservations for dinner at a very famous and expensive restaurant in town. However, the meal and the service were terrible. The restaurant manager was not available to solve the problem, so you left without a resolution.

Write an email to the restaurant's manager in about 150-200 words. Your email should do the following things:

State what problems you had with the food you ordered.
Complain about the service.
Describe how you want the restaurant to resolve the problem to your satisfaction."

To Manager of Restaurant X,(<--Reword to: "Dear Sir/Madam,"

I am writing this letter to complain about the poor quality of service that I experienced during my last visit to the restaurant. This is unacceptable service for such a highly rated restaurant. Although this is an unpleasant situation, I believe that it can be resolved if responsible actions will be taken on your end.

Last Friday, I was celebrating a special occasion with my family; it was the 5th anniversary of our marriage. The special event for the night was dining at your restaurant. Therefore, I reserved a table for two at 7 o'clock at the restaurant located at 100 King St West. We arrived on time and were seated in a cozy spot near the window with a view of the street. We ordered 2 beef steaks, caesar and greek salads and home-made fries with bacon as an appetizer. Up until this point, everything was going great and we were happy with the service. However, the following sequence of events left us disappointed and regretting our decision.

After approximately an hour of waiting, we received our appetizer. The waitress did not apologize for the long wait and moved on to take an order at the next table. It past 30 minutes more after we finished the appetizer to get our steakes, however, what is more important, that our stakes were undercooked.(<--Reword to: "It took another 30 minutes to receive the main course, and when the steaks arrived, they were undercooked.") Although we asked to make them well-done, they were rare. My wife and I hate to eat undercooked meat covered with blood, so it was unfortunate to see this when we were starved by waiting so long. I asked to change our meat, but to my surprise the waitress refused to do so, stating that the rare steaks were exactly the order we made. I requested to talk to the manager, and again was told that it is not possible, because he was not present at that time.

Our dinner was ruined and the mood of the special occasion vanished. We left the restaurant extremely dissatisfied and angry. I demand compensation of the full cost of our dinner plus an apology in regards to this unacceptable situation.

Looking forward to your reply,
Mr. and Mrs. Smith.