Pleas review my writing task 1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Dzzz

Pleas review my writing task 1

Post by Dzzz »

You have recently moved to a different house.

Write a letter to a an English-speaking friend. In your letter

- explain why you have moved
- describe the new house
- invite your friend to come and visit

Dear Martin,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I’m writing you to inform that I have moved to a new house in the centre of Amsterdam.The are several reasons of why I did move to this house, which I’ll explain further in this letter.

As you already know I graduated the University last year and started to work for an IT company in the city centre. Thus living outside the centre have become a problem to me because I had to spend two hours every day in order to get to work.

I really like this new house, as it’s larger than my old one. It has 3 bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms with large kitchen. The main living room is specious, and has great view of a river. There’s a small backyard with barbecue area. It was renovated last year, so the furniture inside the house is all new and modern.

I’m going to have a party next Saturday, to celebrate relocation, so I'm inviting you to come and visit me at my new house.

Best wishes,
Your friend Walter White
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Pleas review my writing task 1

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Overall, this is a very good letter - well done!

Two suggestions:

1. Develop the point about the party. Who is coming? What time? Where should people park their cars?

2. Watch out for (fairly) basic errors - I graduated FROM university last year, THERE are several reasons WHY I MOVED ...

All the best,
David
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Pleas review my writing task 1

Post by Flick »

Dzzz wrote:You have recently moved to a different house.

Write a letter to a an English-speaking friend. In your letter

- explain why you have moved
- describe the new house
- invite your friend to come and visit

Dear Martin,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I’m writing to inform you that I have moved to a new house in the centre of Amsterdam.The are several reasons why I moved to this house, which I’ll explain further in this letter.

As you already know, I graduated from university last year and started to work for an IT company in the city centre. Thus, living outside the centre has become a problem to me because I had to spend two hours every day in order to get to work.

I really like this new house, as it’s larger than my old one. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with a large kitchen. The main living room is spacious, and has a great view of a river. There’s a small backyard with a barbecue area. It was renovated last year, so the furniture inside the house is all new and modern.

I’m going to have a party next Saturday to celebrate my relocation, so I'm inviting you to come and visit me at my new house.

Best wishes,
Your friend Walter White