Teacher.mp3
(2.28 MiB) Downloaded 216 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Teacher

Post by lmoore »

Hello, Muxtar,

It sounds like this teacher was just what a teacher is supposed to be: inspiring and full of knowledge to share. What a special person to have had teach you!

Again, your vocabulary was very specific as you spoke about your geography teacher. I heard you use the words approachable, rely, liberal and broad-minded.

I also thought your introduction, although simple, was good because many people forget to introduce what they will speak about. Providing an introduction helps your reader's mind better understand what you're saying.

You struggled in the beginning to get going, and the "uhs" really impacted your fluency there for a few seconds. Your speaking rate was good. I also noticed that you did not repeat the same words as you had in other posts, which was good.

I am not sure if your teacher was a male or female. At first, you started out using "he," but then you switched to "she," and then back to "he." Be really careful with your pronouns, and use them consistently. Perhaps if you had said your teacher's name, it would have helped clear it up.

At one point, you used the word "promote" to mean "encourage." Encourage means to give someone positive words to inspire him to do something in particular. To promote means to help someone get a better job or to advocate for a particular issue/object. For example, I encouraged my daughter to try harder to read a difficult word by telling her she could do it. My boss promoted my friend to a better position in the company. He promoted the new book by advertising it online. She promoted eating fruits and vegetables every day to stay healthy.

Be careful with your verb tenses as well. You said, "There was lots of things special about. . ." This sentence should have used "were" instead of "was." Also, you said, "I meet" instead of "I met" when you referred to meeting your teacher.

Nice work, and keep it up!