David please assess

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Qasim

David please assess

Post by Qasim »

Some people say that television is useful for education, while others say it is useful only for entertainment.
Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

Some people believe that television is important tool for education, while others believe it is only for entertainment. In my opinion, I believe that television is a good source of education, because by seeing something people can remember things for longer period of time. On the other hand, people also argue that television is only for entertainment and enjoyment. I will discuss both viewpoints in detail.

Television is the source of education, because there are several programs which contain information about plants and animals, which cannot be absorb by reading books. For instance, person who belongs to "Information Technology" may not be able to learn about botany and zoology if television is not available. Secondly nowadays creative programs which help juvenile mind development are also available on television. Moreover there are several programs about history of past civilizations, which entertain and educate people at the same time. Furthermore good TV shows and films also improve people character and also elaborate the ways of living in a healthy society.

However, remaining believe that television is only for entertainment and people use to spend their free time just for entertainment. In my opinion, it is a wrong way of dealing with technology. There are pros and cons of every technology. I agree that there are programs which are only for entertainment like music concerts, dance shows and comedy stage shows. People watch these programs for entertainment but the problem is not with television, it is in the user who uses it.

In conclusion, I believe that television is useful for education and people should also use it for enhance their knowledge. Television is providing all kinds of programs and it totally depends on the user to use it correctly.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: David please assess

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Cannot and may not are not the same!

Points seem reasonable, but are not well developed or linked to each other.

Overall, quite good, but be careful with modals.

All the best,
David
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: David please assess

Post by Flick »

Qasim wrote:Some people say that television is useful for education, while others say it is useful only for entertainment.
Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

Some people believe that television is an important tool for education, while others believe it is only for entertainment. In my opinion, I believe that television is a good source of education, because by seeing something, people can remember things for a longer period of time. On the other hand, people also argue that television is only for entertainment and enjoyment. I will discuss both viewpoints in detail.

Television is a source of education because there are several programs which contain information about plants and animals, which cannot be absorbed by reading books. For instance, a person who works in "Information Technology" may not be able to learn about botany and zoology if television is not available. Secondly, nowadays creative programs which help young mind development are also available on television. Moreover, there are several programs about the history of past civilizations, which entertain and educate people at the same time. Furthermore good TV shows and films also improve peoples' character and teach ways of living in a healthy society.

However, others believe that television is only for entertainment and people should spend their free time just on entertainment. In my opinion, it is the wrong way of dealing with technology. There are pros and cons of every technology. I agree that there are programs which are only for entertainment, like music concerts, dance shows and comedy stage shows. People watch these programs for entertainment, but the problem is not with television, it is with the user.

In conclusion, I believe that television is useful for education and people should also use it for enhance their knowledge. Television is providing all kinds of programs and it totally depends on the user to use it correctly.