Rechecking

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
dearjohn

Rechecking

Post by dearjohn »

Hello. Im from the philippines. I got my result. L-8.5 R-8.5 W-6.5 S-7.5 . I need at least 7 in all subtests. This was my second time to take the exam. I got 6 last time. Writing is really my weakest. However, im quite confident that i did well the last time i took the exam (sept 6). Should i opt for remarking my writing? I heard the score usually increases by 0.5, and that's exactly what i need. How much is the enquiry fee in IDP? Need help here. Thanks
asrizefanya

Re: Rechecking

Post by asrizefanya »

I think remarking cost around $120
lenvasq89

Post by lenvasq89 »

i had the same dilemma before but i opted to retake eventually. some say that it would be adviseable to have your papers rechecked if and only if youre absolutely sure that you deserve a better score. but it's still a gamble if you ask me. they can only give you a refund of the fee if your score changes. im also from the philippines btw.

may i ask... were you able to finish the test? did you reach the word limit? and most importantly, given the criteria, if you would rate your own paper, would you give it a 7?

when i took my first exam, i had a 6.5 and considered a recheck, but then i answered no to all of these questions. i was advised to retake.
lenvasq89

Post by lenvasq89 »

remarking costs 8,900 and it takes about 6 weeks
dearjohn

Post by dearjohn »

lenvasq89 wrote:i had the same dilemma before but i opted to retake eventually. some say that it would be adviseable to have your papers rechecked if and only if youre absolutely sure that you deserve a better score. but it's still a gamble if you ask me. they can only give you a refund of the fee if your score changes. im also from the philippines btw.

may i ask... were you able to finish the test? did you reach the word limit? and most importantly, given the criteria, if you would rate your own paper, would you give it a 7?

when i took my first exam, i had a 6.5 and considered a recheck, but then i answered no to all of these questions. i was advised to retake.
Thank you. I think i did well. I finished the test. I was able to edit it. And word limit is not a problem even. As for me, my writing deserves 7. Though i remember 1 mistake. I spelled "address" incorrectly. I wrote 'adress"