Post by saqibali »

Can you upload a "link" of recording?
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148
saqibali

Re: Describe a modern building

Post by saqibali »

Dear friend,
I wanted ti give you a "voice" feedback but unfortunately many words are totally unintelligible.
If you kindly upload another sample, I would be happy to provide feedback
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by lmoore »

Hi, Victor_Tran,
Thank you for sharing about the Indochina Tower (Sorry if I spelled that incorrectly!). It sounds like an amazing place to visit!
The organization of your answer was easy to follow in that you answered the question directly, and your answer was short and to the point. You might consider using some more transitions and connecting words to help your ideas flow more smoothly, such as “additionally,” “for example,” etc.
Your vocabulary included some higher-level words, such as conversion and desirable.
Your speaking speed was good, overall, and you had very few pauses or silences. However, an area I would encourage you to concentrate on is pronunciation. It was difficult to understand much of what you said. For example, when you said “point,” it came out “pont,” without the “oy” sound that the “I” provides. Additionally, you said “EES” for the word “is.” Make your tongue more relaxed and your lips less retracted (pulled back) when you say the short “I” sound, as in “hit.” Your tongue should still be somewhat high in your mouth as when you say “EE,” but less so.
Grammar is another area to work on, as you often used the wrong verb for the subject. For instance, you said, “huge windows so you can looks out in any directions.” This should just be “huge windows so you can LOOK out in any DIRECTION.” When you use the word “any,” the noun following it is singular. In addition, you said, “visitor are able to enjoy,” but the noun should be plural, “visitors.” Finally, you said, “this apartments,” which should be “THESE apartments.”
Clearer speech and fewer subject/verb mistakes will improve your speaking significantly.
Best wishes as you continue to practice!
victor_tran

Post by victor_tran »

saqibali wrote:Dear friend,
I wanted ti give you a "voice" feedback but unfortunately many words are totally unintelligible.
If you kindly upload another sample, I would be happy to provide feedback
Hi Saqubali,

Sorry for this late response, many thanks to your kindness feedback. I will update more samples soon.

Victor
victor_tran

Post by victor_tran »

lmoore wrote:Hi, Victor_Tran,
Thank you for sharing about the Indochina Tower (Sorry if I spelled that incorrectly!). It sounds like an amazing place to visit!
The organization of your answer was easy to follow in that you answered the question directly, and your answer was short and to the point. You might consider using some more transitions and connecting words to help your ideas flow more smoothly, such as “additionally,” “for example,” etc.
Your vocabulary included some higher-level words, such as conversion and desirable.
Your speaking speed was good, overall, and you had very few pauses or silences. However, an area I would encourage you to concentrate on is pronunciation. It was difficult to understand much of what you said. For example, when you said “point,” it came out “pont,” without the “oy” sound that the “I” provides. Additionally, you said “EES” for the word “is.” Make your tongue more relaxed and your lips less retracted (pulled back) when you say the short “I” sound, as in “hit.” Your tongue should still be somewhat high in your mouth as when you say “EE,” but less so.
Grammar is another area to work on, as you often used the wrong verb for the subject. For instance, you said, “huge windows so you can looks out in any directions.” This should just be “huge windows so you can LOOK out in any DIRECTION.” When you use the word “any,” the noun following it is singular. In addition, you said, “visitor are able to enjoy,” but the noun should be plural, “visitors.” Finally, you said, “this apartments,” which should be “THESE apartments.”
Clearer speech and fewer subject/verb mistakes will improve your speaking significantly.
Best wishes as you continue to practice!
Hi Imoore,

Firstly, I want to say a million 'thanks' for your feedback, it helps me a lot to improve my pronunciation. Hopefully, I will continue to receive your useful feedback in the next recordings.

Victor