IELTS 21 June RESULTS

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
Akshay

Re: IELTS 21 June RESULTS

Post by Akshay »

Thanks CHERILAB,

I will definitely try this technique..

God Bless You..
Cherilab

Post by Cherilab »

Akshay wrote:Thanks CHERILAB,

I will definitely try this technique..

God Bless You..
No worries :)
gul

Post by gul »

i am also one of the victims.i took test this june 2014.i really expected a high band bt to my disapointment i got L 6.5 R 6.5 W 6.5 R 7. I am really disheart.i need straight 7 band.i will retake test,hopefully thistime i ll get the desired band.
cheers
argho1985 wrote:
durai wrote:Hi Guys,

My result is worst ever;

L 8.5, R 7, S 6, W 6.5

I never expected such low score in my speaking, in fact I scored band 7 on my last exam in Speaking; also after one month of hard work...talking to people on Skype...never think of such band..

I know something went wrong; but need to analyse

anyway..before taking another one...

Hope everyone would receive their favorable results....

Durai

Hi,

Don't loose hope buddy.. You will be fine and will do great in the test..

Thanks
Argho
gul

Post by gul »

asmi wrote:I got my result :)

Listening 8.00
Reading 8.00
Speaking 7.00
Writing 7.50
-----------------------------------
OverAllBandScore 7.50
hello there are you from pakistan
gul

Post by gul »

i am from Pakistan want to know if some one here on this forum is from pakistan.i took test on 21 June 2014.but to my surprise i got terrible result and then the expectations of family............
L 6.5
R 7
W 6.5
S 6.5
I intend to immigrate to Australia and for this need straight 7 in each skill.i will retake the test i hope i gonna make it.
gul

Post by gul »

hello cherilab!
i read the techniques that u posted.they are really going to help me .i am tense after seeing my result.
thanks
Ravian

Post by Ravian »

Dear Mr.Gul, I think for australian immigration if you get 6 in each module you can still apply without getting and points. But for getting 7 in each would guarantee 10 points extra.

Thank you
Rashid Ali
geoenvirons

Post by geoenvirons »

nidhi pandurangi wrote:Sure!

For the reading module, you need to practice all the tests given in the exercise book. I used this trick where I read every para separately and wrote a brief gist right next to the para. This helps with the questions wherein you need to point out which para contains what info.

I'm addicted to the Sherlock series on BBC. Right before the listening test, I watched all try reruns! ;) its a fun way to get used to the accent. The more familiar you are with the accent, the better you'll do.

For the speaking test, practice in front of a mirror. You'll see your own body language and be conscious of the way you speak. Do not rush to answer the examiner. Take 3 seconds to get your thoughts in order. Haphazard sequence and use of fillers like umm, actually, like should be avoided..

Lastly, I'm doing a journalism course so writing comes naturally. The sequence of ideas is what they look for along with grammar and spelling. Chart out your essay before beginning.

That's all! Hope it helps!
geoenvirons

Post by geoenvirons »

hi nidhi..which practice you talking about for reading...i was wondering if u could give the book name to practice..i have problem in writing..i have got grammatical mistakes...and also the sequence construction is harder..and similarly paraphrasing.

thanks
gul

Post by gul »

hi Ravian!
it made me feel good to receive your reply.yes you are right that with 6 band though mine is 6.5 in 3 modules and 7 in reading i can still apply for australian immigration bt for a strong case i need straight seven.just wish me luck that in 2nd attempt i get straight seven because i am the principal applicant and have to take my kids and husband with me to australia for better prospects.
thanks alot
Ravian

Post by Ravian »

Hello Gul,
Wish you all the best for next appearing. By the way, i am also applying for Canada and australia. Lets see what happens.

Thank You
gul

Post by gul »

hi there!
if you dont mind may i ask where you from?kindly suggest a useful ielts website from where i could practice all the ielts modules for free online as i have practised the complete course of ielts cambridge course.As i dont want to waste my precious money any more on another retake.
thanks
best of luck to you too
gul

Post by gul »

hey
i have heard that many asians and other people too are not opting for canada immigration because of the harsh cold chilly weather there in canada.A year back i also planned to immigrate to canada but then some family constraints held me and also there was a lot of talk of the severe cold weather there in canada by my aquaintances.what is your view about about canada immigration,but my interest in
australia is my brother living there who will help me in different matters there.
thnks
jimmyjjohn

Post by jimmyjjohn »

Why you get your result so fast?
I am still waiting for my result.