Best way to approach Y/N/NG type of questions ?

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
Cara

Best way to approach Y/N/NG type of questions ?

Post by Cara »

I am absolutely struggling on this one :cry:
BongRoy

Re: Best way to approach Y/N/NG type of questions ?

Post by BongRoy »

I guess applications om Smartphones could help you on review
Bhanushakya

Post by Bhanushakya »

Locate the answer first where would answer might but the strategy I use depends on the type of other question in this passage. Basically, our aim is yo save as much time to accomplish the task. To be honest, I find TF NG easier in particular kind of question which are along with other specific questions such as fill in blanks, MCQs, Table completion. In this way, I can focus more in TFNG over other questions.

If TFNG comes along with other general writer's opinion based questions or matching sentence with paragraph number ; this would be the hardest paragraph to find answer. It is due to fact that TFNG , opinion based and matching sentence with paragraph equally needs equal attention for overall paragraph thoroughly. Then, it really becomes toughest for me.

From
Bhanu
manojwilson

Post by manojwilson »

I believe a proper understanding of the context is required to do this type of question. In T/F/NG you have to just depend on factual information available in the paragraph while in Y/N/NG you have to make conclusion after reading the text and confirming your conclusion is in agreement with the passage. Try to read the line where you locate the keywords and read the lines that come before and after, develop a logical relationship (apply sense) and you'll get the correct answer.