part 3 choices.mp3
(6.23 MiB) Downloaded 236 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: please tell me improvement areas and the deserving grade

Post by lmoore »

Hi, Neha,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about choices! These were some difficult topics to try to think through. You gave really nice examples, and you explained yourself fully. You answered each question, and used some good transitions.
Your pronunciation is very clear, for the most part. I would encourage you to pronounce the letter /r/ more in the word “person.” In addition, “own” sounded like “on.” Make sure you say the long /o/ sounds. Also, “things” sounds like “tings,” and “this” sounds like “theese.” So, it seems like the /th/ sound and the short /i/ sound sometimes are difficult for you. For the /i/ issue, you might practice saying “ship” and “sheep” over and over again until you say each one correctly every time.
You speak in fluent phrases, but there are many “uhs” that punctuate your speech and slow you down. Consider working on speaking without “uhs” as much as possible or just being silent when you are thinking of what to say next. If you need a few moments to consider what you will say next, say so.
Vocabulary was quite sophisticated in this recording. I heard “confined,” “drawback,” and “obliged,” for example. Nice work, there.
Here are a few other corrections:
-friends choices – choices of friends
-should take his or her own decisions so that in the near future he or she can’t blame his parents – MAKE decisions. . .HIS OR HER PARENTS
-We all need a person in our life – WE is more than one person, so you should use LIVES instead of lives.
-They just give them a relief = just relief
-Discuss a lot about themselves to others =We don’t discuss about anything. We just discuss things. This might be, “discuss their lives with others.”
-There are a lot of choices a person have to make – HAS to make
-Moreon – Moreover
-You have to make yourself comfortable with other people even you don’t like them – even IF you don’t like them
-Trapped by person who are impossible people – trapped by people who are impossible
-You have to cope up with them – You have to cope with them/deal with them.
-Because they become habitual of it – because it becomes a habit for them
-They will lost their whole day – They will lose their whole day.
-You will never learn anything in your life if you kept on doing the same things. – KEEP on
-A full freedom of making their own decisions and choices – FULL FREEDOM TO
I wish you the best as you continue to practice!