GT Letter Writing

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Somnil

GT Letter Writing

Post by Somnil »

You have received notice that your application for a position with a company in your city has been rejected for an unclear reason.
Write a letter to the recruiter. In your letter
describe what the position is
explain why the rejection is unclear
state why you feel you would be a good choice for the position

Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write any addresses.

Dear Mr. Jackson,
I am Somnil Das. This letter is regarding my application to the post of accountant, which has been rejected for unclear reasons.
I had applied for this post on 10th of June through your company’s online portal. Today, I got an e-mail for your office which said that my application could not be processed due to ‘incomplete information’. I am not quite sure why the application got rejected for ‘incomplete information’, but I am very confident that my experience and education best suits for this position due to the following reasons.
Firstly, I am a chartered accountant with an undergraduate degree in accountancy. Although, I have been an average student, securing not more than grades ‘B’ in school, as a working professional I have been getting the award of best worker for the last 3 years.
Finally, during my 4 years of experience I have worked in 3 different projects with some of the leading consultants in the industry. The latest one was handled by me independently, where we were able to close it on time and achieve our set targets.
I would, therefore, request you to consider my application once again.
Thanking you,
Yours sincerely,
Somnil

(200 words)
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: GT Letter Writing

Post by Flick »

Somnil wrote:You have received notice that your application for a position with a company in your city has been rejected for an unclear reason.
Write a letter to the recruiter. In your letter
describe what the position is
explain why the rejection is unclear
state why you feel you would be a good choice for the position

Dear Mr. Jackson,

My name is Somnil Das. This letter is regarding my application to the post of accountant, which has been rejected for unclear reasons.

I applied for this post on 10th of June through your company’s online portal. Today, I received an e-mail from your office which said that my application could not be processed due to ‘incomplete information’. I am not quite sure why my application was rejected for ‘incomplete information’, but I am very confident that my experience and education best suits this position due to the following reasons.

Firstly, I am a chartered accountant with an undergraduate degree in accountancy. Although, I have been an average student, securing not more than grades ‘B’ in school, (<-- never mention the negative aspects. Always talk about your skills and why they are a good fit for the job.) as a working professional I have been getting the award of best worker for the last 3 years. (<-- Reword to: Firstly, I am a chartered accountant with an undergraduate degree in accountancy. I have been working as a qualified accountant for the last 3 years and have gained irreplaceable experience.)

Finally, during my 4 (<-- In the previous paragraph, you stated you had 3 years experience.) years of experience I have worked on 3 different projects with some of the leading consultants in the industry. The most recent project was handled by me independently, and I was able to close it on time and achieve the set targets.
I would, therefore, request you to consider my application once again.

Yours sincerely,
Somnil

(200 words)
Somnil

Post by Somnil »

Thanks a ton for providing your feedback. Can you check my other essays and letters as well? That would be very kind of you.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

Hi Somnil

I'll try to review your other essays and letters. It may take a bit of time, though. :)

Thanks,
Flick