Today's Australian Academic L, R, W and S topics

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
Ryan

Today's Australian Academic L, R, W and S topics

Post by Ryan »

Thank you for the extremely detailed contribution, Watipe.
Watipe wrote:Hi all,
I've done the test in Australia today.
Here are the questions for academic module.
listening
Section 1 > mother's help
Section 2 > information guide for tourists
Section 3 > interview preparation for phd students
Section 4 > Research on windtube and birds

Reading
Section 1 > Timber products in New zealand
Section 2 > face reconstuction
Section 3 > Aging and brian capacity

Writing
Part 1 > two maps of a park in a different period, the old map and the newest one showing some changes in the park.

Part 2 > there are an increase number of people who change their career. What are the reasons of this and do you think this provides positive or negative development for society ?

Speaking
Part 1
- do you use computer ? (In what way?)
- does computer give any negative effect to you?(how?)
- what do you think about children using computer these days?

Part 2
- an occasion that you met your friend whom havent met for long time ago
- why you havent met so long
- where was it
- what did you do
- how you feel when you met together again

Part 3
- what is the main factor that can maintain friendship
- can friendship end ? (How?)
- is there any benefit to go to class reunion? (In what way)
- do you think if there is anyone who dont want to go to class reunion ? ( why was that?)

Cant remember the questions exactly but there are something around this.
Hope this will be useful.
drspp92

Re: Today's Australian Academic L, R, W and S topics

Post by drspp92 »

Regarding the speaking test:
Part 1: Just be calm and answer naturally,do not take it as an interview but a two way conversations.Keep making the exam feel that you are thinking before answering by buying time like saying 'hmmmm','well that really depends''depends on how you look at it or how you perceive it''let me think about this''i am not sure how exactly or how much exactly...but I reckon it could be...' etc
Always extend your answer,do not be monosyllabic. The best thing is say what you can say better,do not worry about what is the truth of the matter,they are testing for your ENLISH only,not your GK,IQ or your personality

Part 2:Make notes,introduce the topic,answer all the questions,quickly analyze which part of the question you can speak well and do it;recollect a few important words of value and make sure you use it correctly.If the examiner does not stop when you are done,just extend your talk on something related to it
E.G:If you are talking about your favorite person,let us say your mother,when you are seemingly done,if you are not stopped,then say things like 'in comparison my father or sister have different attitudes and temparements' etc

Part 3:Bit unpredictable.Speak clearly and talk relevant.Use complex sentences ONLY of which you are confident and make SURE you use them.Again throw some weighty vocabulary once in a while(3 or 4) should be enough for the whole session
Read what I mentioned in Part 1 and 2 for part 3 prep also

good luck