which band???

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
aprodigy

which band???

Post by aprodigy »

Topic: The widespread of English will cause the extinction of lesser-known languages to some extent. Is this positive or negative trend?
Nowadays, in the process of globalization, English is becoming more and more popular all over the world and this language is able to result in losing less spoken languages. From my point of view, this is a negative trend for several reasons
One of the main reasons is that this tendency might make the variety of languages drop remarkably. As a matter of the fact, there exists a large numbers of languages in different countries and some minority merely are known by the local people. For example, Tay ethnics language in Vietnam is spoken by a small proportion of villagers in Hoa Binh or Lang Son. It is easy to realize that if in these provinces, people used English in their daily lives; this minority language would disappear in the near future. Because of that, there would not create various kinds of languages, even a monotonous linguistics
Another disadvantage which this trend brings is that traditional values in each area might be persevered and developed. Viewed from different angles, the widespread of English means that the British culture is learned and understood widely and these other languages are not exceptional. However, it is worth noting that the lesser-known languages are losing their traditional customs and habits by diminishing their ranges. Additionally, young generation might not have deep insights into language their ancestor used.
To put in a nutshell, I am penning down that English plays an important role in our life. Nevertheless, what we do now is to reserve and explore minority languages to maintain the beauty of linguistics.
Can u mark for me? Which band?
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: which band???

Post by Flick »

aprodigy wrote:Topic: The widespread of English will cause the extinction of lesser-known languages to some extent. Is this positive or negative trend?

Nowadays, in the process of globalization, English is becoming more and more popular all over the world and this trend is leading to a loss of less widely used languages. From my point of view, this is a negative trend for several reasons.

One of the main reasons is that this tendency might make the variety of languages drop remarkably. As a matter of the fact, there exists a large numbers of languages in different countries and a few of these are only known by the local people. For example, Tay ethnic language in Vietnam is spoken by a small proportion of villagers in Hoa Binh or Lang Son. It is easy to realize that if, in these provinces people used English in their daily lives, this minority language would disappear in the near future. Because of that, there would not create various kinds of languages, even a monotonous linguistics (<-- I don't understand your meaning here.)

Another disadvantage which this trend may result inis the stagnation and loss of traditional values. Viewed from different angles, the widespread use of English means that British culture is learned and understood widely while other cultures related to other languages is not so well known. However, it is worth noting that the lesser-known languages are losing their traditional customs and habits as fewer people are speaking these languages and following these traditions. Additionally, younger generation might not have deep insights into languages their ancestor used.

To sum up, I believe that English plays an important role in our lives. Nevertheless, what we need to do now is to preserve and explore minority languages to maintain the beauty of linguistics.