Task 2 could you grade

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
czary

Task 2 could you grade

Post by czary »

Hi,
could you grade my work please?
Czary

Popular events like the football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in
easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way.

The roots of sport are originally from wars. Some sport’s disciplines such as wrestling, boxing,
fencing, javelin, discus throwing and other, are from war clashes. Even sport’s vocabulary is from
war for instance: attack, defence, fighting, captain and so on. But wars were to blood and too many
people were killed so the sport was invented as a bloodless clash between two teams or competitors.
People wanted adrenaline and entertaining. They wanted to be part of something bigger, the team,
the winner, the nation.

And this feelings are shown very distinguish in every international competitions. Sport is aggregated
people to support their national competitors, national teams. When they win we are happy, when
they lose we are sad but still we are very proud because this is our people. Our patriotic feelings are
so high, but...

Yes, unfortunately, there are some buts. International competitions, maybe without the biggest
like football World Cup or Olympic Games, bring development of nationalist. Especially the most
popular discipline like football is most dangerous for the onlookers. The essence of fans are very
often nationalists and racists. We could read in newspapers or watch on TV riots connected to
football matches. They devastate and destroy everything on their way. Matches are too dangerous
for families so standions are filled up only with youngsters.

Concluding I can say that sport is very useful for easing patriotic feelings. But there are some sport’s
areas where people not only are proud of their competitors in a sport’s way but also build and
develop nationalists and racists attitudes. I think the safest way to easing and releasing patriotic
tensions is watching every sports competitions on TV.
czary

Re: Task 2 could you grade

Post by czary »

Please, please.... :(
It's academic...