Check it for me! Task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
aprodigy

Check it for me! Task 2

Post by aprodigy »

Topic: As an international tourist, one should always adhere to the local custom as the local people do. Do you agree?
In a fast-paced society, travelling from one country to another is becoming more and more convenient for the tourists. However, someone visiting other countries have to face a large number of cultural aspects. Some people believe that foreign visitors should always follow the local custom in the host country. From my point of view, I totally agree with this idea.
One of the most essential advantages in adhering to the local custom is that conflicts might be avoided. In fact, because different countries have different cultures, daily life activities of people in these countries do not seem to be similar. For example, Vietnamese people often use chopsticks in their meals while some visitors from Western countries such as French or Britain enjoy dishes with a knife. As a result, visitors might cause some misunderstandings and arguments when having meals in Vietnamese restaurants. Furthermore, in some special customs, if strangers do not follow the activities of the residents, they can be regarded as rude and impolite people.
Another benefit is that tourists can accumulate more cultural knowledge with a view to traditional customs of the host countries. As a matter of the fact, although viewed from different angels, it is no doubt that each country has a variety of unique habits which plays an inevitable part in their life. Visiting each destination, sightseers are likely to enjoy them and enrich their national treasures. Moreover, it is rewarding to express the admiration and respect for the charming of cultures in the host country.
To put in a nut shell, I am penning down that, it is essential for tourists to adhere the traditional customs in the host country. There is a sayings, ’When in Rome, do as the Romans do’
Can u mark for me?
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Check it for me! Task 2

Post by Flick »

aprodigy wrote:Topic: As an international tourist, one should always adhere to the local custom as the local people do. Do you agree?

In a fast-paced society, travelling from one country to another is becoming more and more convenient for tourists. However, someone visiting other countries has to face a large number of cultural aspects. Some people believe that foreign visitors should always follow the local customs in the host country. From my point of view, I totally agree with this idea.

One of the most essential advantages in adhering to the local customs is that conflicts might be avoided. In fact, because different countries have different cultures, daily life activities of people in these countries do not seem to be similar. For example, Vietnamese people often use chopsticks in their meals while some visitors from Western countries such as France or Britain enjoy dishes with a knife and fork. As a result, visitors might cause some misunderstandings and arguments when having meals in Vietnamese restaurants. Furthermore, in some special customs, if strangers do not follow the activities of the residents, they can be regarded as rude and impolite.

Another benefit is that tourists can accumulate more cultural knowledge with a view to the traditional customs of the host countries. As a matter of the fact, although viewed from different angles, there is no doubt that each country has a variety of unique habits which plas an inevitable part in their life. Visiting each destination, sightseers are likely to enjoy them and enrich their experience. Moreover, it is rewarding to express admiration and respect for the charming culture of the host country.
To sum up, I believe that it is essential for tourists to adhere to the traditional customs of the host country (<-- maybe you can include the basic reasons again. For example, 'It is essential for tourists to adhere to the traditional customs of the host country in order to show respect and enrich their experience.'). There is a sayings, ’When in Rome, do as the Romans do’