Please review my Task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
gkm90

Please review my Task 2

Post by gkm90 »

Hello,

Please review my essay.
Thx

Topic: Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.
Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

Traditionally, people learn how to be a good member of society at their young age. Also, it is not simple to decide who should be accountable to teach these kids. While some believe that parents should teach good manners, others, however, say that schools are responsible to teach that. These points of view will be discussed in this order.

It is believed by some that parents are the responsible to teach their children how to behave properly in a society. A fact that supports this idea is the influence that parents have over their kids. It can be argued that children can learn rapidly and accurately from their parents rather than other sources. Thus it is clear why some people agree with this thesis.

On the other hand, many argue that schools should be the place to learn good manners to society. An idea to support this opinion is how effective it is, since being part of a classroom is basically the same of being part of a small society. Thus, students can learn how to behave properly in a group with practical and real examples. After analysing these facts we can clearly see why many supports this claim.

In conclusion, the obligation, either from parents or schools, to teach good manners will be supported and refuted by many. However after verifying both sides, it is clear, due to the influence that parents have over their children, that they should be accountable to teach this subject, and schools should just correct and put in practice what parents have taught. Thus, the argument that school should be fully responsible to teach cannot be totally supported.